Playing live with just a laptop

Torsten, are you sure you didn’t spend some time in the deep U.S. south? Loved it! This rivals a guy I heard last winter tell someone he was getting a cold and “snifferin” around. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

In Jest

Corky

Well, I did spend some time in Louisville, KY - but that’s not really deep south :wink:

1 Like

Honestly - this is not about having the last word, but it’s about giving useful and practical advice.

I would LOVE to find something that helps me replace my VoiceLive with a piece of software. But Nectar can’t really replace a VoiceLive for live usage; still you keep claiming that it can.

Just trying to keep things factual…

Cheers,

Torsten

1 Like

hahaha fair enough. But I AM being factual. Nectar DOES do what I need and works exactly for me, the way I have described. I am more of a “I want to control what I hear” sort of guy and rely a lot less on
’machine generated" stuff. For this purpose Nectar (and prior to that the Harmony-M module) does exactly what I need, so yeah I am being factual too, really.

As I wrote at the end of my second last post, whatever works. You like convoluted and arcane setups with a myriad of controls and various racks doing all sorts…I prefer a simple song by song setup with just the basic requirements. Whatever works for you man, all good.

Peace to you brother :slight_smile:

The Midi and microphone are just for entertainment but you need a powerful configuration for playing music and game. For this, you should know about the touchpad of a laptop. You can ask any quiery regard your laptop on https://babasupport.org/hp/hp-laptop-touchpad-not-working/. They have a good group of laptop technecian.

I know this is an old post, but I just noticed this now. I am from the Louisville area (extreme southern Indiana ti be exact)! How long were in this area? Long time ago?

I was there on a number of business trips between 2004 and 2010. We had a subsidiary there (LG&E), and I came overon a regular basis to spend time with the local IT team (was running global IT for the parent company in Germany at the time). And of course at least one evening per stay was reserved for Stevie Ray’s Blues Bar…

Since I’ve left the company, I have no more excuses for any trips to Louisville - unfortunately…

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

Gaaaaah - spam has arrived in the community :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes