Peaks on first note

Hi @FantomXR

On this new machine have you tried disabling Cantabile’s and/or Diva’s multi-core support - could be they’re both competing for the same CPU resources.

Brad

I can’t imagine that’s the problem then. Widely used and generally thought of the have some of the fastest best drivers. Yeah, try it just for the process of elimination but probably a false alarm…

I’d like to follow up on this topic.
Since now we have the awesome profiler, it’s clear to see that Diva peaks on the first note (on some presets). Disabling / enabling multicore-support doesn’t make a huge difference.

Any ideas how to proceed to get rid of it? I meanwhile have a workaround, which disables the output of the DIVA, sends a note on and note off and enables the output again. But this seems like a dirty fix…

Hmmmm…

Hi. Have you updated DIVA to the new version that was released recently?

If the latest DIVA doesn’t help, perhaps get in touch with u-he and see if they can explain it.

I again went through all settings with the latest DIVA:

• enabling / disabling DIVAs multicore-support
  • enabling / disabling Cantabiles multicore-support
  • Setting Cantabiles multiprocessor mode to aggressive / compatibile
  • Restarting Cantabiles audio engine before hitting the first note
  • Using ASIO4All instead of RME driver

I will try to get in contact with u-he again.

Attached you can find a song. This is a Diva instance inside a rack and without the rack. I thought it may has something to do with that… but it doesn’t. So if anyone wants to check on your side, you are welcome to do so.
Diva_DropOut.cantabileSong (15.6 KB)