I’m looking into a set-up for a singer to use for live performances to add Piano/E Piano/Organ. His keyboard ability is 2 years piano. I’m looking at a Novation Impulse 25 as the Midi Controller. This will then input into a dedicated windows 10 laptop loaded with Cantabile hosting Native Instruments.
This will then be input into an Allen & Heath ZED 10FX (or QU16) for FOH & AUX.
- Have I omitted any software/hardware in this chain?
- Would the use of a Focusrite 6i6 be of use/no use in the chain?
- I have music studio on an Ipad and can get this into the mix … is Native Instruments ‘A lot’ better - Piano/e piano?
- Is a 25 key midi useless live and should I go for 49?
- What problems have Forum members had and how can I avoid them?
- Reason we don’t want a dedicated Piano/organ is size and the only occasional use in our set list.