Newbie Question: No incoming MIDI

Hello world.

I’m a total newb to this software, and am attempting to configure it to function on my Windows P.C. (Windows 7). I’ve spent a few hours mucking around, watching the tutorial videos, but am having MIDI issues.

I’ve so far not been able to get Cantabile to recognize incoming MIDI, entering the P.C. through a Focusrite Scarlett interface. Other software on the same system is able to see incoming MIDI, so I’m assuming that the interface is functioning. I’m guessing I’m missing something obvious and basic. Any ideas?

Thanks for helping. I’m pretty certain that this is going to be my go to live software, if I can get it to work.

Crave

Hi Crave and Welcome,

Have you done the start up video and created your midi ports already?

Dave

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for your response.

The good news is I’ve managed to get the software to work (finally). For some reason I had been overlooking the Options menu in the File menu. Such is the Newbie.

I much appreciate the support from others on the Forum. hopefully my next issue won’t be so dumb.

Thanks
Crave

1 Like

Hi Crave,

Glad you found the Tools > Options > MIDI Ports section

Cantabile can do practically everything a performing musician needs and for that reason there can be lots of questions. The developer, Brad Robinson, has made very concise, watchable videos that will be helpful but I found answers here very helpful.

2 Likes