New: Media Player Loop Ranges and Live Loop Control

Just a question @brad. In my estimation you are only a few steps from having a looper function. If the location of the loop brackets could be accessed for pedals to set them combined with a record/play function for the live looping it would all be there. Is this in the works down the road? Thanks for any thoughts.

Dave

Maybe, but not imminent. Currently I think this is probably better handled by a dedicated plugin.

1 Like

…Test it now
Works great but can’t use the function “show all” the media file as before… well i think…

I had to replace the right bracket manualy at the end of the song.

edit: I had to save a range play to get the all song visually back…

Hi @daveurope,

Sorry but I’m not really following what the issue is. I just tested the “(All)” play range in the drop down and it appears to be working fine.

Can you post some screen shots and exact steps to reproduce the problem and I’ll check it out.

Brad

Not sure if it is relevant, and I could look to see if I can reproduce it, but I was setting up a song the other day where I had an issue with play ranges.

So, in the Pink Floyd band we have “Another Brick in the Wall Pt1”, Happiest Days of our lives" and “Another Brick in the Wall Pt2” as one continuous song in Cantabile.

In getting up and running again we just want to practice with Part 2, so I thought “easy, set a new song state with a play range for that part”. That works, but the default state where I thought I could just select “All” for the entire track, did not seem to reset to all. I had to create a specific play range of “Entire Song” for it to work.

Happy to see if I can reproduce this if we think it might be the same issue?

Hrm ok, that’s two reports of the same thing but I’ve been unable to reproduce it. I’ll have another look at it today, but yes if you can come up with a set of steps that’d be useful.

Just to be clear, what you’re saying is when you select “(All)” from the play range drop down, it does nothing. Or, does it select something different, but not all? Or, is it only when selecting all via a State that it misbehaves?

I think I might have reproduced this…

• a state saved with a play range of “All” doesn’t re-select the All range when the state is loaded .
  • but selecting “All” from the range drop down does re-select the entire file.

So, this seems to be just related to states and I’ll get it fixed.

(let me know if you’re seeing a different issue)

1 Like

Assuming we’re talking about the same issue, this should be fixed in build 4184 available now.

1 Like

Hi, @brad

That does sound like what I was describing, I will check out the latest build when I get five minutes.

Hi, @brad

Yes, that fixes it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to reply a bit late.:stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll wait the fix and see if it solves the very little problem.:+1:

Thanx
Loop range is really usefull!
Sée you soon

The fix is already available… try build 4185.

Great.thanx a lot

Has anyone run into this? I am using 4191, and zooming in on a MP3 media file. When I try to move the location, it jumps to the beginning. If I move the mouse to pause or stop, they disappear. Is zooming in the problem?

Hi Corky,

I don’t think anything changed in the scroll/zooming with the live loop stuff so it’s probably an older issue. I’ll check it out soon (hopefully this week).

Brad

1 Like

Thanks Brad.