Live Vocal Processing with Cantabile 3

Hi All,

Does anyone out there use Cantabile for live ITB vocal processing and if so what do you like and use?
I have been experimenting with Eventide UltraChannel and UltraReverb. I tried the reverb in series in the rack but later went to a buss reverb in the main song layer that could be fed by other vstis and blended with the Dry signals to the main out. Thanks for the input.

Dave

Hi Dave

I do some vocal processing in a couple of bands through C3. I started with some of the Waves plugs, because I had them available, and, for the most part, did pretty well. The latency wasn’t bad. I moved to Soundtoys, and got much better results. I really like the Eventide plugs, but haven’t tried them yet. I used the Izotope for a short period, but terrible latency. I was going for harmonies at the time, and trust me, get a TC Helicon for that. It is really dependant on your setup. I like being able to change effects through C3, but many times I think I would be better off with hardware gear that responds to C3 commands.

Corky

Hey Corky,

I had a feeling Harmony stuff would be edge of the known world for turnaround time. I still have an old digitech vocalizer that I did midi keyboard assigned harmony and it had it’s latency to it too. I am also trying out Seventh Heaven Reverb on the reverb buss and wow is it something on vocals, keys, guitars I can’t hardly make it sound bad …

Dave

Is that a preset on the UltraReverb? Seventh Heaven Reverb, that is.

See Here Corky,

Dave

AHHHH! Got it. Haven’t seen this before. Sounds very natural. I am going to download the demo and give it a try. Any latency problems at all?

No, it’s pretty nice to the resources and I am running at 128 samples.

That’s great! I see it is a fusion of IR and sampling, very interesting. I recently bought a QSC digital mixer for smaller gigs, and the effects are amazing, BUT, I have no instant control over them. Just on and off. Not good to stop between songs and adjust, lol. I like doubling effect in some of my vocals, but so far only able to get it thru a tight delay which hasn’t been too convincing yet.

Corky

The UltraChannel has a micro- pitch tool I use to thicken and I forgot to add that i have the Soundtoys EchoBoy and use the Tape setting at shorter delay no feedback for doubling but only in studio, I should try it live as well.

Thanks for the info. Echoboy didn’t give me any latency problems. Let me know how it works for you live.

Corky