Key Range Indicators

Tiny feature request… at the moment, routes that block note on/off information still show a note range on the keyboard. It’s possible to switch off the range on a case by case basis, but I was wondering if note ranges should only be drawn for routes that allow MIDI note on/off events?

Neil

One more thing…I notice at the very left-hand end of the on-screen keyboard, I see a 1-key-wide range, which appears to come from every “full keyboard” route in every rack in my song. If I go into each “full keyboard” route in each rack, disabling “Show range”, it finally disappears. Not a big issue, but looks like a bug. Probably better than showing a full range for every such route (I typically have dozens!).

I’m guessing the ranges drawn are the intersections of any all ranges between input ports and plugins, so if a song route has a zone range defined, routing into a rack which also internally has a zone range defined, only the common part of the keyboard for both ranges would be shown - or am I suffering from 4am forum posting confusion? :smile:

Neil

Hey Neil,

It could I guess but it’s also a probably a bit too automagical - not sure it would be obvious why it’s doing that and it’s easy enough to turn them off manually.

That does sound like a bug but I haven’t been able to reproduce it. Note that because of the recent changes to now show full range routes, for songs and racks saved in 3168-3170 will be mostly saved in a state of “show key ranges”, but new routes now default to not show key ranges - so saved songs might act a little differently until the ranges are hidden/shown as required. To be clear in 3171 and later “show key ranges” is off by default, but turned on when “Set Key Range” right click command is used. Also the initial 2-octave range around middle C is no longer used instead defaulting to the full keyboard (since it now supports showing those).

No it’s not an intersection otherwise that’d make editing weird. It’s just the range that’s set on the route (and yes, you should go to bed :slight_smile: )

Brad