Ivory Cantabile crashes, won't open

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron laptop and I’m trying to install Ivory II on it, which I’ve done before with no trouble on other machines I’ve owned. This time, however, it will not open. I downloaded the latest update (2.5.2) and installed that. Same difference.

Event Viewer has this to say about it:

Faulting application name: Ivory Cantabile.exe, version: 2.0.0.2072, time stamp: 0x560f1b8d
Faulting module name: Ivory Cantabile.exe, version: 2.0.0.2072, time stamp: 0x560f1b8d
Exception code: 0xc0000094
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c3dfc
Faulting process id: 0x35f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d529db97ae4d0d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Synthogy\Ivory\Ivory Cantabile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Synthogy\Ivory\Ivory Cantabile.exe
Report Id: aebea0b0-648c-4467-94fd-805c1fd6305a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I also located a rather verbose Windows Error Report on it which I won’t paste here since it’s pretty long.

The Ivory Library Tool confirms that my iLok license is authorized.

I could really use some guidance on this one. I’m hoping I don’t have to reinstall Windows because I’m concerned it’ll void the warranty on my new laptop.

Thanks in advance!

Todd PIltingsrud

Hey Todd,

I assume “Ivory Cantabile” is a custom version of Cantabile, specifically for Ivory users - I think it was supplied with Ivory 1 some time ago, not sure if it is still valid. Anyways, the stand-alone Cantabile has long progressed to version 3 - a far better product than Cantabile 2 (that the Ivory Cantabile is based on).

To be sure what is causing the issues, why not download the free version of Cantabile at www.cantabilesoftware.com and use Ivory as a plugin in it? If this works, you’ll know that the core Ivory plugin is OK and the issues lie with the Ivory version of Cantabile. If you still get crashes, then we’ll have to dig deeper…

Cheers,

Torsten

3 Likes

Hey! That worked! I was able to get Cantabile set up and working without too much fuss. And it seems like a more capable tool than the version that came with Ivory.

Thanks for your help!

Todd

2 Likes