impOSCAR2 deal at Best Service (was: at APD)

Just a heads up about this deal
https://audioplugin.deals/imposcar2-by-gforce-software/

The GFORCE impOSCAR2 can be had for 40USD (ok…minus 0.01 USD).

I am tempted to buy it, since I recently got their MiniMonsta and I really liked it.

I am also a fan of IQ…and the OSCAR had a big role in their sound during the 80ies.

OTOH, do I really need another analog synth emulation? :thinking:

Any thoughts? :wink:

Gabriel

I have it and love it. It’s very low CPU, easy to use, and has some unique features. To be honest, I use it mostly for messing around and jamming, and rarely in my actual songs. For analogue stuff, I still tend to reach for Diva and others more often. In regards to IQ, their current keyboardist, @Neil_Durant is on this board. Perhaps he can chime in on how he reproduces sounds from the 80s songs?

On the other hand, that’s a great price.

• Paul
1 Like

Gforce synths are great. Whilst Imposcar is on discount, do also take a look at their Obie emulations. They are awesome and with more modern, scalable GUIs. I like the MiniMonsta, but on my current system and with aging eyes, I cannot see the darn GUI anymore - and I have moaned at Gforce about this… And of course my Mellotron and Solina emulations are courtesy of MTRON PRO and VSM.

1 Like

Ok…so I saw it at 19.90 euros on Best Service and this time I couldn’t resist! :wink:

Just to let you know, in case anyone is interested…

Gabriel

2 Likes

As you’ve resurrected this thread, I saw my gripe from a year ago. I am now happy to say that MiniMonsta is fixed and now has a scalable GUI. Now all they have to do is update Imposcar (but that was not as bad).

1 Like

Since we’re talking about impOSCar2 again… it is actually the free giveaway from Computer Music magazine this month. For $5 you can have a digital copy of the mag and get the full $99 version of impOSCar2 to keep. (I know some libraries carry the magazine in their digital collections, and people use that to get the freebies sometimes… I will neither confirm or deny that I have been guilty of that in the past… but hey, it’s five bucks. What’s five bucks? I bought the mag.)

2 Likes

I went to pocketmags.com to buy the December issue but ended up subscribing for the year for $8 more dollars. The magazine is interesting.

2 Likes

The January issue has another free synth - Tone2 Icarus 1.6 . The article says that they got Tone2 to let them give away the full retail license for an older version rather than give away a hobbled copy of the current version. Pretty cool!