GIG Location Pictures

Probook 640 G2? What flavor?

EliteBook 840

HP EliteBook 840 G2 14" Laptop, Intel i5 5300U 2.3GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB SSD

Btw let me know if you play in Chattanooga. (Which you won’t, because there’s nowhere here to play.)

1 Like

It’s getting harder here. That’s while I am playing in Mississippi juke joints. :roll_eyes:
Beale St. is too dangerous, but there are a few brave souls still taking a chance. Too many bands competing to gig in too few venues. Maybe I will start recording that album I never had time for.

3 Likes

Same here. A lot of venues have gone, and I am at the stage where I do not want to go too far now. Certainly do not want to be getting back at 3 or 4 in the morning - and have had a few too many close calls. So I plan to just do my local music venue every three or four months but go to town on it in terms of keys and visuals

1 Like

He should at least choo it over.

3 Likes

Hi All,

Played at the Town Square in Harrison AR last weekend. After seeing Corky’s outdoor stage I thought to post. The stage was really interesting, it all disassembles & folds up into a big box trailer with hydraulics for the support for the roof and lights. I spent as much time checking out how it worked as I did playing :rofl: . Getting less gigs coming up so it’s either winter schedule or maybe the same gig depression y’all talk about is going to set in here soon. I may do like Fred and hit the studio again … :grin:

Regards,

Dave

5 Likes

Same with Austin. My band played down on 6th street at historic Maggie Mae’s and some guys tried to mug our drummer. They got to ride a few block on the hood of his Chevy! No place to play—everybody wants solo with guitar, band decided to call it quits. Any good singer-songwriter moved to Nashville 10 years ago. Some of us are trying to do a low volume small band. We’ll see what happens.

2 Likes

In the first band I was in, the drummer was an ex-boxer who had done time for GBH (funny how bands make you mix with different people you wouldn’t ordinarily do so with!), but I always felt safe out and about with him (unless he was throwing mock punches and pulling them an inch or two short… I as really glad he was good at pulling them short!), but a lovely guy and life and soul of the party unless he got angry…

And the way he attacked his Pearl Export kit (which tend to be loud anyway) there was never a need to mic the drums up!

2 Likes

In other words, a drummer…

5 Likes

SPOT ON! And, I was a drummer for over a decade! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Clever setup, I’ve never thought of having the laptop under the Keys.

1 Like

Love the B3 “illusion” :rofl:

2 Likes

Gig this past Saturday in a converted church. They “provided” sound so I didn’t use my Cantabile rig. Should have brought it anyway. A blast regardless.

6 Likes

I’ve also considered an Upright, CP70, or Baby Grand “illusion”.
:laughing:

Very Cool Space Chris, your group looks sharp!! :smiley:

1 Like

Pics from our last gig in September:

Lighting controlled by Cantabile :wink: - song-state specific light settings…

Cantabile rig with my “Live Cube” sitting safely backstage on my Live Rack, connected to stage by one multi-core and one Cat6 network cable. No time to clean up the cabling yet,

11 Likes

Love the labels on the keyboards! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am SOOO glad I play guitar. :wink:

weeeelll, most of the mess is from the mixer on the right with everyone’s multicore snakes dangling from it…