Fast instrument switch by Midi control

Well, +180% is not a minimal difference

Hi,

You’re getting good advice from Torsten and Steve, and think of the nominal cost of your time spent trying to hack your way around this which can be put to more productive use if you do not have to do that. Yes, your time to yourself is free, but I often think this way before embarking on something and whether it is worth my while working with something sub optimal compared to making the right investment in the first place.

You say quite correctly that Pro is three times the price for Performer, but the feature set and intended market between the versions is very different, and at the end of the day that is Brad’s business model which must be working well in terms of sales or it would change.

I am not a professional musician, more of a serious amateur, but I would not waste my time with the Solo version and trying to bend it to what I want to do, and could not be without the PRO features, and as mentioned above, the difference is the cost of a good quality plug-in in comparison.

All your choice of course and only you can weight up if the price difference is value for you, but horses for courses and all that, and with what you are looking to do, you’ll get far more done with the PRO feature set for a lot less hassle. Stick a price on that and weigh up if the difference is worth it for you.

If you decide to stick with the Solo version, then the very helpful folks on this community will only be able to help so much in working around the feature set constraints.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself Derek. As a professional and even as an amateur, we all have limits on what time we want to invest before undertaking anything. I surely do. I 100% agree with Derek…your time is your own, but at some point, you have to decide whether it is easier to try and cobble something together, hacking away than to just go for the gold and not have any restrictions on your creativity. I’m sure if you read the forum often (you should), you have seen what others have put together for their situation. That’s what makes Cantabile unique…you can keep things simple or design a very complicated setup. My advice would be to think of where you want to take your music, and that will tell you what you need to do.

4 Likes