Do preloaded sets consume a great deal of RAM

No John !! Say it’s not so ! Oh the humanity ! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry! You gotta do whatcha gotta do. My 22 year old daughter and 24 year old son are at fault. The got me NI Traktor and an S2 Kontrol for starters. The rest is history.

1 Like

Do I have any chance on collecting on that IOU? :grin: It is a growing trend. You mention $2500. I can remember back in the early 80’s making close to that figure with a few wedding bands and playing for $800-900 for a regular gig in a few different bands, but that has not been in a long while. It is always the musician who gets squeezed.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. I jam with a bunch of guys as time warrants (it doesn’t warrant as much as I’d like) which gives the opportunity for artistic expression. But honestly, as long as there’s $ to be made, I’ll try to grab a fistful. We’ve probably all prostituted ourselves over the years playing stuff we hate to keep working as musicians. We’ve all done wedding gigs…do we really love “I Honestly Love You” :face_vomiting: I thought not. So, at this stage of my life, if I get to play in front of a live audience, play with good musicians (one live and 1 on track) and play the music I like, the purist in me will close his eyes, and maybe his ears a bit, and rock on

3 Likes

@Howifeel Nobody’s criticizing you brother…everybody’s entitled to make a living. People live in their iTunes, Spotify, Pandora whatever world listening to their favorites and that’s what they want to hear when they go out and party (like we used to). I bet the average age of your audience is young enough to be your kids and for maybe some of us, grand kids. Time marches on. Hey Listen To The Silence…good song.

They are young enough to be my kids. That is why when a sexy young thing comes up and wants a particular song, it is rather awkward. I even look old. I was self conscious, but my kids say, you never really notice who the DJ is, anyway, and they don’t trip on the age, just the music. DM kills it.

When I became unshackled at 55, and was imbibing at length, I dated a few 22 yr olds. It was fun for a few weeks. Will NEVER do that again. They do notice the DJ or the musicians when prowling for sugar daddies.

I’ve NEVER known bass players to be drama queens, but we’re building a new band, had 2 gigs, and are on our 3rd bass player!

Yes. My line of work has offered me the experience of hearing the same statements thousands of times, but are new to the one making them. Alcohol is another culprit. You watch stuff and think, “they’re gonna be ashamed of that tomorrow.”

Drama rating:
Soundman = 11
Lead Guitarist = 10 (youtube famous guitarists messing up)
Lead Vocals = 9
Drummer = 7
Bass = 5
Keyboardist = 2
Horns = 0 (they are too busy using heroin)

4 Likes

Drama rating addendum
Chick singer = 42

2 Likes

HA, dead on! Bass players are usually too high to cause problems. Beware a non-smoking bass player. Keyboardists are generally drunk; that can go either way.

1 Like

OK, if you really have to go there:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bass+player+jokes

Change musician to suit.

Terry

2 Likes

Awesome Terry!! Found a good one:

How does a bass player change a lightbulb?

He doesn’t. The keyboard player does it with his left hand

5 Likes

A classic:

4 Likes

Stopping now. :smiley:

6 Likes

My old mate Besty the bass player used to say “…music manned not canned”

DJ? He means Dulcimer jangler, right??

2 Likes

The only reason most clubs don’t have a Mac playing Spotify and a dancing monkey for a visual focus is because they haven’t thought of it yet.

2 Likes

They sort of do … it’s called Karaoke.

2 Likes

@Howifeel
We kinda destroyed your thread, but I am sure the OP (you) doesn’t mind!

I would say that accurately describes some of the DJ:'s I’ve seen. They try to put on a dancing act while the computer streams.

3 Likes