Different Audio engine settings

Hi,
I want to set up 2 versions of Cantabile on my laptop, 1 with my external sound card connected by usb and 1 with my internal sound card as the main output. Is this possible so that i could open either version as required . If so can you give me advice on how to do it please,

Thanks, Steve

Hey Steve,

Read here, it tells how to do what you want!

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/guides/multiConfig

and here …

Dave

3 Likes

Thats great, thanks Dave :+1:

1 Like

Hi Steve,

if you simply want to switch between the two sound cards, you don’t even need to use configurations:

just be sure that your audio ports have LOGICAL names like “Main Stereo Out”, “Piano Out”, “Synth Out” or whatever, so nothing ties your songs to PHYSICAL outputs like “Babyface Out”

Now for each sound card do the following:

• In Tools–>Options–>Audio Engine select the audio driver for the respective sound card (ASIO if you have it, I’d say…)
  • next, in Audio Ports, you will see the assignments for the individual channels of each logical output. This will be the assignments for this specific sound card; you can make assignments FOR EVERY SOUND CARD in your system. Now simply make the assignments by double-clicking each relevant channel and adding the correct physical output. Now you’ve made your assignments for this sound card; once you close Options, things should work.

So whenever you want to change sound cards, simply go to Tools–>Options–>Audio Engine and select a different driver → done!

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

Thanks Torsten, will give it a go :slight_smile: