Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

What kind of pedal do you have? I was thinking Line 6 because it also has the expression pedal. Does your pedal have it?

A Line 6 FBV MKII. It is made to use with Helix Amp Sim software, but it works well as a midi controller.

1 Like

This is the pedal I am interested in and I would like to use it as a Midi Controller

it doesn’t cost much, around 100 €

Yeah…I got mine at the local Guitar Center. It was a demo model and I got it for $60 U.S. I just got lucky that day!

This is from another thread. I thought to add it here for others who may want to try it. This was just a test rack.

1 Like

I am welded to my Roland FC300 that I have been using since 2008, so much so that a purchased a spare a few years back - and it’s quite amazing to see a device that has been on the market for so long, and you can still buy them.

But this Line6 device looks great for a smaller alternative

1 Like

The space I have under my rig is limited, especially with a sustain pedal. The Line 6 pedal fits perfectly next to sustain. It was easy to set up, like most controllers. I sometimes wish I had a few more switches, but I am doing very well with what I have.
This thing is built like a tank, and has handled the abuse well. I do have a heavy duty, padded case that carries the pedal and my Focusrite interface…no problem.

Does that Line Six pedal power up via USB? I have a Bass POD XL that I was going to use in the same capacity but I’ve lost the adapter for it.

Yes…it does!

This how I travel it:

Hi Corky.
I loaded your B-3X.1 rack to look at the various bindings you set up, to learn.
On my own I added something about the buttons (on screen, for now) for the Leslie Slow-Brake-Fast, (CC95 with event suppression and CC93 (Brake from the B-3X) for the Brake: It works perfectly and I saved the new rack with other name (associated with yours of course).
I wanted to ask you this: looking at your Bindings I noticed that it indicates 101-102 -… etc. with CC Switch (sorry if I express myself badly …).
As I noticed your photo with the case with Line 6, I thought there is a connection with the above mentioned CCs with Line 6.
Is that so?
I ask you because on Wednesday I get the Line 6 used (in addition to Arduino Uno …) and I will have to configure it. I read in your post where you said it’s not hard to set up, so I thought you could tell me if you need a reinstall program (the guy who sells it to me says they had it programmed with guitar rig.
I saw on the website that there is more than one installer file, but since there is not only one, I would like to understand which one to download.
Sergio

Sergio,

To reprogram the FBV pedalboard go to https://line6.com/software/ -> select FBV Express MKII on the hardware drop menu, click GO -> scroll till you see Line 6 FBV Control (Ignore all the Monkey software).
The file is named Line 6 FBV Control v1.06 Installer.exe.
In order to download the file, you need an account.

I found it. Is it a 32-bit program?

Sergio

I will restate that this was a “test” rack…not the one I use now. I was at the beginnings of abstracting my Oxygen key controllers. If this helped you understand some bindings, then that is great. I since have moved on to a more complex rack.

To answer your question, the 101-102 are part of 100-108 CCs, which were not being used. I used them to program the row of buttons under the drawbars. 100 and 101 were being used as the black key presets. As you see, it was an attempt to switch the notes related to the black keys. 102 - 108 were set to the remaining buttons to control switches on the Hammond, as labeled. Unfortunately, it was a failure. To get them working, I later had to reprogram my Oxygen keyboards, and save within the keyboard my CC assignments, then everything worked. Cantabile did the job, but the keyboard programming was essential in this particular case.

It has been awhile since I bought my Line 6 pedal. In my memory, there was no installer or other outside programs needed. I plugged it in with USB, and it was automatically recognized, like most controllers. The switches on the pedal were programmed using Cantabile “learn” feature. Again, no outside programs were needed.

But, he was not using Cantabile. You will be. Different programs.

The only connections to the Line 6, was the 1st binding in the rack. I used the Line 6 expression pedal to link to the virtual pedal in the B3X vst, which is essential to my presets, as I mentioned in another post.
I have other bindings to the pedal in my background rack to perform “universal” switching in all songs, such as song state changes. But, that is for another day.

As several others have told you, take on one thing at a time. I can’t stress enough that Cantabile has quite a learning curve as you get into deeper programming. Moving too quickly, before you completely understand the current task, not only confuses your posts, it confuses people who are attempting to help you. It becomes very frustrating, and very honestly, it will alienate those who gladly help…and I am sure you don’t want that. :grin:

I am really pleased my rack helped you understand some bindings. I also learn quicker with images and videos, which has furthered my knowledge. If I get to a point where things are above my head, I try to find understanding in the threads. At last resort, I will ask in a post.

PLEASE read the manuals, read the threads in this forum, and watch the available videos on the subject before asking others to rehash what is available on site. There are many visuals in the threads that have advanced my understanding. Knowing now that my simple rack helped you, lets me know that visuals will also help without words. We all know the language barrier can sometimes be a problem, but we try our best to breakthrough that barrier. Videos will be forthcoming, which should be of great help for many…including myself! :wink:

3 Likes

Question about @Corky’s many wonderful presets-- I am using VB3 2.1, and I just got TRacks5 through the IK group buy. Only problem is, the presets are in 5.1, and the version of TB5 I’m finding to download is 5.8. I try and import the preset programs, and Cantabile says “Different plugin versions – none shall pass.” Anyone know if there’s a way to get the legacy 5.1 TRacks anywhere, or conversely, a way to get the 5.1 presets into 5.8? It looks like others may have done that successfully (@dbrendon?). I did recreate the Gimme preset #1 off of @dsteinschneider’s screenshots above.
Thanks all.

Yeah…this was a problem I had with updates from B5, Blue3, TRacks, and B3X. I did provide an update with B5, and vst3 versions. I will have some time soon, and I already have some things to upload, so I will update my TRacks and then update the TRacks presets for VB3 II. When I did this, I provided racks with all the settings. Would you be good with that?

1 Like

Yes, awesome, much gratitude. Also, I’m going to dig around and see if I can find the legacy 5.1 version anywhere in iKs site. If so, I would happily do the updates myself.

1 Like

@jtillinghast

Hi Jeff

Sorry it has taken so long. Covid delayed my progress for a couple of weeks. But, I am finally catching up with things.
I updated T-Racks to v5.8. What I did, was uninstall the version I had, rebooted, and installed 5.8. I then opened Cantabile, did a quick scan, checked on my IK Leslie presets, and all was fine. So, you should be able to use the presets in 5.8 using this method.
That said, if it still doesn’t work for you, I plan to post a rack soon with all existing IK Leslie presets compatible v5.8.

Cheers

Corky

This is for Jeff and anyone else who would like to try it. I made an experimental TR5.8 Leslie rack for VB3 II presets with IK Leslie. The VB3 II + IK Leslie presets were made exclusively for use of IK Leslie. Upgrading T-Racks didn’t work for me. But the following DID work:
Firstly, save anything using T-Racks into a folder separate of C3. You also may want to set a restore point, but I didn’t. Secondly, uninstall prior version of T-Racks. Thirdly, install T-Racks version 5.8. Then download the rack I made, put it in the “Racks” folder, Start C3, add existing linked rack. Drop new T-Racks Leslie VST 3 into the rack.
VB3 II TR5.8 Leslie 1

You should now have all the presets I made for T-Racks (using VB3 II) as states in the rack.

Run your favorite VB3 II + IK Leslie preset into the new rack, and select the corresponding preset. New presets will be in an updated rack.

If this works for everyone, I will use racks for all my presets, and all you will have to do is update the rack.
I believe this will be easier for all of us. I also think it will be easier for all future plugin updates.

I welcome any problems or suggestions.

T-Racks Leslie for VB3 II Presets.cantabileRack (40.6 KB)

Cheers

Corky

2 Likes