Cantabile webinars 10 thru 20 video replays!

Cantabile Webinar 10 - March 3rd, 2021 - Bindings Front to Back!

We cover the approaches to creating bindings in Cantabile Performer (many of our examples also work in Solo), starting with the “Create Binding” right-click command from many of the items on the main page of the interface, and then we jump into the Bindings edit page to go deeper into what is possible.

Cantabile Webinar 11 - Filters and Bindings Common to Both Solo and Performer
This is a “hands-on” session where we actually dive into the filters to create a button that increments program numbers on each press, and we then go deep into the bindings. We lightly touch upon using Loopbacks, and introduce many key concepts like named ports-per-channel and named MIDI and Audio input and output ports.

Cantabile Webinar 12 - The Media Player and Media Player with Bindings

In this webinar we go very deep into discussing things the Media player is capable of just by itself, and then we jump into using Bindings WITH the Media Player (or Players!) and using the Media Player to trigger Bindings. Then we touch on the huge world of using MIDI files played back by the Media Player to trigger bindings. You will likely find much inspiration in this session!

Cantabile Webinar 13 - Everything about Routes and a complete discussion of all the Filters

In this lengthy session, we cover everything about the options in the Routes selector in the inputs section including bindings associated with them and then dive into a complete discussion on the uses of the many filters one finds in Solo and Performer. We end with a short discussion of using OBS as a virtual camera for Zoom enabling you to flip your camera upside-down for overhead (birds-eye-view) keyboard shots.

Cantabile Webinar 14 - Recording, Performer Bindings featuring On-Load

We discuss best practices when using Cantabile as a multi-track audio and MIDI recorder and how to bring the audio tracks into a DAW, then focus on some Performer-specific Bindings, such as the On-Load and On-Unload commands. We also cover much to do with states as part of our discussion on bindings.

Cantabile Webinar 15 - Solo Utility and Other Racks using Filters, Routes and Bindings

We now go over adding utility racks to the new section of the Shared Files part of the forum aimed at users of both Solo and Performer that work within the capabilities of Solo.

Cantabile Webinar 16 - Dave Dore’s Utility Racks for Performer Part 1

We start at the top of Dave Dore’s Utility Racks thread and explore how to insert and use Dave’s many Utility Rack offerings.

Webinar 11 posted above!

Thanks, Terry. I’ll watch them for sure. 6:30 AM is quite uncomfortable for me to follow the live.

1 Like

Webinar 12 on the Media Player and the many uses of bindings with and from the Media Player are covered in a rich 50-minute discussion.

Terry

My Playlist on YouTube is getting pretty large! But I want MORE!!! :wink:
Terry’s Collection of Cantabile 3 Video Tutorials - YouTube

If you know of any videos I absolutely should include in here, please let me know.

Terry

Sorry quoting myself.
I stuck my foot in my mouth talking about 6:30 AM. Here I’m PM EST +6 and not -6. This doesn’t really matter, since I usually back home at 7:30 PM
Meanwhile, I subscribed to your YT channel. It’s one-way, but that is.

1 Like

Cantabile Webinar 13 - Everything about Routes and a complete discussion of all the Filters
Just posted above.

Terry

2 Likes

Cantabile Webinar 14 - Recording, Performer Bindings featuring On-Load

Just posted above.

Terry

2 Likes

Cantabile Webinar 15 - Solo Utility and Other Racks using Filters, Routes and Bindings
Just posted above.

3 Likes

Cantabile Webinar 16 - Dave Dore’s Utility Racks for Performer Part 1

Just posted above.

Terry

2 Likes

Cantabile Webinar 17 - Input Filters and Bindings in Solo, plus a method “mimicking” States.

5 Likes

Again, thank you so much for doing this, I got enough inspiration to redo my setup two or three times - and I am only half way through the first “refactoring”. Will keep me busy for years :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cantabile Webinar 18 - Performer & Solo Rack Filtered Ins+Outs, Bindings, and Patch Presets

We start out continuing from Episode 16 covering all the available downloadable Utility Racks, went over Dave Dore’s cool new Notes Scroller and Button or Expression Pedal fader racks, and then discussed using FILTERED custom Rack Midi Inputs and Outputs in conjunction with Bindings to accomplish some previously unimaginable tricks. Then we went over Preset Models, and why some synths show presets and other synths do not. We ended showing the many hardware and software synth preset collections that use states to send program changes to many synths, and which can be used as templates in creating your own.

2 Likes

Cantabile Webinar 20 - Performer Bindings, Routes, and Racks Finale

Well, Webinar 19 was really just Doug and I brainstorming and conversating about all manner of things, so perhaps that one will be revisited soon so we have a video!

But to make up for it HUGELY, Cantabile Webinar 20 was LOADED!!!

In this grand finale of the Cantabile webinar series we cover some routing tricks and make a specialty rack for controlling an organ with a mod-wheel to switch manuals and fast or slow on the Leslie effects to demonstrate the “Conditions” feature in the Routes dialog, go deeper into bindings, and then generally lose our minds.

Come with us deeper down the rabbit hole, my friends, as we tie things up with a final deep dive into more of the possibilities that Cantabile 3 Performer (and even Solo!) affords us!

Terry

2 Likes

Just a reminder since this scrolled so far down that these webinar recordings are still here. Note number 20 ended up at the bottom due to the first post timing out for additions.

Terry

2 Likes