Cantabile and LivePrompter - now better together!

Thanks Torsten.

I have been able to crash the 2nd instance.

1st instance - windowed, 2nd instance full screen. Both instances have a different ScreenLayout parameter.

Test 1 - CRASH
Open instance 1 (opens on song list on monitor 2)
Open instance 2 (opens on song list on monitor 4)
Click Go on instance 1 to open the 1st song.
-Instance 1 opens song window OK
-Instance 1 then sends song change MIDI to C3.
-C3 sends song change MIDI to Instance 2
-Instance 2 receives MIDI and tries to open window in full screen mode
-Instance 2 crashes

Test 2 - NO crash
Open instance 1 (opens on song list on monitor 2)
Click GO on instance 1
-Instance 1 opens song window OK
Open instance 2 (opens on song list on monitor 4)
Click Go on instance 2 to open the 1st song OR change song on instance 1
-Instance 2 receives MIDI and opens full screen window OK.
Change song in C3 or instance 1
Instance 2 changes as expected OK

further info
After the crash in test 1
Reopen Instance 2
Change song on instance 1
-Instance 2 crashes again
Reopen Instance 2
Click Go to open full screen song window
Change song on instance 1
All OK

Hmmm, that’s an interesting one. I assume that never happened with the previous version?

Let me fiddle around with this tomorrow and see if I can reproduce it. Unfortunately, I don’t have 4 monitors, only 2 on my studio PC, but I’ll see what I can get from the debugging log.

Cheers,

Torstne

I have a certain suspicion - looks like a pointer that is only undefined when songs are triggered by MIDI and not by “Go”. It’s a simple sequence problem (pointer gets defined after and not before creating the song window), but I seem to have only fixed it in the “onButton” handler and not in the “onMIDI” handler - sloppy, that :frowning:

I’ve built an update - give it a download here and let me know if this fixed it!

Cheers,

Torsten

Seems to have fixed it- will test more tomorrow! Thanks :slight_smile:

OK, I’ve also done some testing - looks like things run smoothly!

Now, here’s the current build (1.006) for everyone: download.

I’ve finally managed to create an installer for LivePrompter; it will copy all relevant files to an installation directory of your choice and install the necessary fonts (reboot may be required if the fonts don’t display correctly). The installer should NOT overwrite your current LivePrompter.ini and will not delete existing other .ini files, so should be pretty safe to simply install over an existing version.

Have fun!

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

1.006 … love it! So much room for future improvements.

Still nearly 1,000 tweaks before v.2!!

1 Like

That[quote=“Corky, post:47, topic:456”]
1.006 … love it! So much room for future improvements.
[/quote]

That’s just since I’ve started a formal version and release management for LP - there have been dozens of previous “releases”, but I couldn’t find a systematic way of reverting to any of them :ng:

But sure, there is always room for future improvements! For me, LP has reached a saturation point, where my focus is less on new features but mainly on USING it making music :smiley:. But as long as people like @a6325435 create interesting challenges, LP will keep growing.

So what’s your challenge?

Cheers,

Torsten

1 Like

This latest build for some reason has triggered my Avast antivirus software and it won’t allow me to download it. What on earth??? It let me download the last version!

I’ll see what I can find out.

Terry

Hmmm, the last version was still a boring old .zip file containing all the files. The latest is an .exe created with NSIS that installs automatically. I can upload the ZIP as well if your virus protection is allergic to NSIS. It’s just a bit tedious to pull the latest version of all the files together to create the ZIP, that’s why I’ve finally gotten around to creating the installer that does the work for me…

Maybe if I simply wrap the .exe into a ZIP archive?

Cheers,

Torsten

That always does work, yes! :slight_smile:

Terry

OK, here’s the full range of options:

• Installer (.exe download) - ClickMe
  • Installer (wrapped into a .zip archive) - ClickMe
  • .zip archive with all files (careful, don’t overwrite your LivePrompter.ini when copying) - ClickMe

Have fun!

Torsten

2 Likes

I used the new dual screen version at a practise session last week. The others all liked it, and it worked well, so will carry on. Thanks for your help Torsten!

3 Likes

Hi Torsten, If you send me your paypal, I’ll send you a donation towards LivePrompter. I checked with Brad that it was ok to post this message.

Hi Al,

that’s very kind, but not really necessary. I built LivePrompter for my own use, and I am super-happy that other musicians find it useful!

If you want to send me something, then send me a picture of your band in action - with LivePrompter! - and maybe some info on your band. Maybe one day I’ll be able to build an LP Wall of Fame :wink:

Cheers,

Torsten

3 Likes

Ooops - caught a little bug in the last build: window width wasn’t restored correctly for the song list.

Fixed in 1.007.

Download links as above!

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

Hello, it’s a great porgram, BUT…
Is it possible to load chordpro files directly, now you must change the extension to .txt, or am I something missing?

René

Torsten,

Thank you so much for sharing the software you have developed. I am looking forward to using it along with Cantabile Solo.

I am able to control my set list using live prompter without issues (Click on song next/back button in Live Prompter) :slight_smile:

I am even able to control Live Prompter’s buttons. Including loading the next song using my Korg Kontrol2.

However I want to load the songs according to my Cantabile set list…

What i am running into is I have 12 songs. Live Prompter loads according to the alphabetical order. to fix this i though i would just add a number in front of the song. what this does is this…

1,10,11,12,2,3,4…

I need to find a fix to this or I would like Cantabile to control changing the songs, but I sadly can’t make heads or tails in your Instruction Manual on this…

Blockquote Create a new binding with source “song > On Load”, set its action to “Program Change (Banked)” and the respective program from “MidiRecieve.txt, anf its target to your"LP Remote” Midi output port. Now save your song.

I don’t see “set list” as a Source, and I don’t see how to make a target as “LP”…

I am want to trigger next song on my Korg Kontrol2 so the song changes in Cantabile (which it does) AND change the song in Live prompter at the same time. I am guessing if I am able to accomplish this this will fix my set list problem since i can just follow my set list in Cantabile.

This is the lines in my .Ini file just in case

MidiInPort=LoopBe Internal MIDI
MidiInKeys=yes
MidiInKeyDown=CC 71
MidiInKeyUp=CC 55
MidiInKeyReset=CC 39
MidiInKeyNextSong=CC 70
MidiInKeyPrevSong=CC 54

MidiInPC=yes
MidiInPort=LoopBe Internal MIDI
MidiInChannel=omni

MidiOutPC=yes
MidiOutPort=LoopBe Internal MIDI
MidiOutChannel=omni
MidiChangeToAllOnPC=yes

I hope this all makes sense. Thanks again for your hard work in making this software and sharing it with this community

-Bob Swaggerty

PS… I wish i could add a few more pics to show my setup, but i am a new user here :slight_smile:

Change single digits to double digits, 1 > 01 … 9 > 09, problem solved.

René