Can we share Cantabile fxb Banks at Community Site?

@brad

Hi, I have been making fxb banks in Cantabile 3 for Ivory II factory presets so I can look at familiar names when calling up pseudo presets and thought I should ask if anyone else would want to share them which led to yet more dave questions. Many vst and vsti don’t show there factory presets in the pseudo preset list because they’re don’t use FXB style preset management. Can we share Cantabile factory fxb banks for common vsti and vst that we make at Community Site? Would it be useful to have this and would it be portable to others?

Thanks

1 Like

Of course - good idea.

I’ve updated the forum settings so you can upload a variety of Cantabile related files (eg: fxb, fxp, cantabile songs, racks and set lists). Just drag drop the files onto the editor window and they should be uploaded and embedded into the post.

Let me know if any problems or other file extensions that should be allowed, or if the file size limits are too constrained.

Thanks, I will start new topic.
@brad
What is the difference between an fxb file and a cantabileFxb file?

The deciding factor is the number of VST preset slots the plugin supports.

If the plugin supports multiple preset slots (eg: Ivory) then Cantabile works directly with those and exports as FXB files.

If the plugin only supports one preset slot (eg: Omnisphere) then Cantabile switches to “pseudo preset mode” where it maintains a copy of the entire plugin state for each preset slot. Under the covers Cantabile maintains an FXB for each preset and on selecting the preset loads that internally managed FXB.

When you export a bank from a pseudo preset managed plugin, there needs to be a way to export all these internally managed FXB’s as one file - and that’s what a .cantabileFxb file is - a special format only supported by Cantabile that contains multiple FXB files.

Regarding load times, switching presets on a non-pseudo plugin Cantabile tells the plugin “load preset N”. When switching pseudo presets, Cantabile says “here load this FXB”. How long the plugin takes to do that can vary wildly.

1 Like