C3 Community State-Driven Preset-Racks Exchange

The pic is not large enough for my tastes!

Well, they are mice after all ā€¦

1 Like

Waouh ! Excellent Dave ! It works like a charm. I downloaded the first rack. No more CPU limits. Thank you for this wonderful treasure.

Maybe it would be a great idea to have a function that can save templates of binding scripts?
This way you can easily insert from the menu your favorite functions and even share them here?

Parallel Bass Amp

Was playing around with Neural DSPā€™s Parallax Bass Amp and thought it was a bit too metal oriented but liked the overall idea. So I constructed a rack that does something similar. This seems to be able to get more mellow while still maintaining some edginess when desired.

Might be a useful rack for those who (like me) do bass as a secondary instrument but donā€™t have much dedicated bass gear or plugins, and really more of an old school player just looking for dash of modern.

Uses Meldaā€™s free suite found here and Distorqueā€™s free Plusdistortion found here. You have to leave both Plusdistortion instances UIs open in Cantabile because they have an issueā€¦so a bit flakey in that regard, but sounds good enough to put up with imo. (didnā€™t like this plug on guitar but itā€™s decent for this imo)

Key controls are Low Comp threshold and level, Mid Distortion amount (or bypass), High Distortion amount (or bypass), Low Pass freq and level, High Pass freq and level.

The mid-pass on Neuralā€™s plugin is fixed, but I played with moving it a little and got some great tones, just donā€™t move this one very much is all.

This rack sounds good imo using OwnHammer SVT 10 IRs (not free). With my P/J Iā€™m able to get a wide array of tones from mellow to quite edgy with tight clean lows.

bass guitar.cantabileRack (42.1 KB)

1 Like

With the aim to finally give this forum something back, I thought it might be useful for some to share some of my racks. They are basically just my favorite presets from those VSTā€™s, nothing else fancy added.

Ps. The HammondB3 rack contains several presets shared by @Corky on the B3 blog, which I hope is ok

ArturiaPigmentsRack.cantabileRack (2.6 MB)
AASUltraAnalogRack.cantabileRack (2.1 MB)
SpectrasonicsKeyscapeRack.cantabileRack (1020.5 KB)
IKMSyntronikRack.cantabileRack (873.2 KB)
IKMPhilharmonikRack.cantabileRack (505.2 KB)
ArturiaMatrix12Rack.cantabileRack (433.2 KB)
ArturiaProphetRack.cantabileRack (321.9 KB)
ArturiaCS80Rack.cantabileRack (317.1 KB)
IKMHammondB3XRack.cantabileRack (230.0 KB)
AASChromaphoneRack.cantabileRack (227.7 KB)
CakewalkRaptureRack.cantabileRack (195.5 KB)
ArturiaJupiter8Rack.cantabileRack (115.9 KB)

Have fun with them!

3 Likes

Hi @BigTwisty

I donā€™t suppose you worked out the sysex for switching the s1-s8 lights on and off, did you?

Akai support is a little lackingā€¦

Cheers

P