C3 Community State-Driven Preset-Racks Exchange

Thank you so much Corky for your super fast answer. It is so Nice being helped in a minute ! Concerning Bindings, I didn t manage to link properly my M Audio Oxygen (called Keyboard 2 in my Input Ports) to B5 Dave’s rack. Out of Cantabile 3, If I open my B5 plugin, I can set easily my controls from the main pannel : i-e for contolling the swell pedal, I can open the midi prefs, then I use the learn function from the plug in, wich is a slider… But I must confess I m a bit lost for bindings when B5 is inserted as an existing linked rack in Cantabile… Could you tell me how can I control the Leslie speed from slow to fast with the sustain pedal, please ? Especially from Inputs and binding sections ? Thank ou very very very much,

Thank you for this ! Difinitely I will test it.

Sure…look at this:

Lower RH corner select midi prefs
From Acoustic Samples:
Many people use the sustain pedal as the leslie speed control. If you want to use it as a toggle, just select the “toggle rotation speed” and the rotary speed will simply be toggled everytime you press your pedal, just remember that you also need to set the Rotating Speaker Speed to 64 as well.

Change CC# to 64

Yes, cool. Thanks again, Corky. And does it mean it should work directly to the sustain pedal if I load Dave’s B5 rack in Cantabile ? Because yesterday when I tried to map his B5 rack for my Oxygen 49 from the window you captured, nothing worked. And when I proceeded to a Midi Monitor for my M Audio Oxygen 49, no controllers were shown … It seemed like a Patch problem …

I would need to revisit Dave’s rack to see. Like I said, You probably need a rack dedicated to your Oxygen. That is what I had to do, just because of the way the M-Audio made the CC# for each adjustment knob, slider, pad, and button. I struggled with it for awhile, but finally got it going. BTW, I just updated my last post to the correct info.

I will check into it. The troops are arriving :arrow_down:

Hi Janot and Corky,

The rack is set up to accept CC64 controller to switch the Leslie speed. Press down and hold for fast and release for Slow. CC11 covers the Expression pedal.

Dave

1 Like

Thanks very much Corky. It s a good starting point. Please let me know if you revisit Dave’s B5 rack to play it with an M Audio Oxygen : Sure it will help. And I m about to dig in Racks. Happy Easter by the way, from Guadeloupe where I Live.

1 Like

Couldn’t remember if you incorporated that as well.

1 Like

Hi Janot,

To check what the Oxygen is sending click on the input route in the song that has the Oxygen controller on it and right click and open the MIDI monitor. press your sustain pedal and see what message is coming into the song and going to the rack.

Dave

No sweat, thanks for pitching in, good to have your help!

What little I can do. :rofl:

The Oxygen is quite the finicky beast.

You both are on top, guys ! Let me test it back tonight, thanks to your amazing help. I will let you know, for sure.

1 Like

Wow ! I have just managed to link properly my 2 keyboards to play Dave’s rack and this is absolutely brillant ! Dave should be endorsed by Acoustic Samples to demonstrate the B5 abilities in a Rock context, which is a big lack in their Web site… I finally get more familiar with the C3 rack menu to control distortion, leslie speed, swell pedal and general volume : that is all I need, especially when the sound presets are so good. I can play the upper and lower manuals, as if I was seated in front of the real thing. :grin:

Thanks again for sharing it. This file is an amazing gold mine for Prog-rockers like me.

At the end, I came to the conclusion that my audio cracks provided from the B5 Vst limits since I noticed Dave created this rack with the version 2… After installing the B5 update 2.5 à few months ago, this is reducing the CPU average, which seemed to be very high before… But as a result I lost Dave fantastic presets…

So here is my humble request : is it an exhausting work to map Dave’s rack for the Last 2.5 update ? I am not expert enough to realise… Sure it would be very helpful.

Keep on rocking & thanks again, anyway. This Cantabile community is a great discover.

Pierrick

If you would like some B5 presets, I posted several here:

You will have to scroll down to get the presets which I post occasionally. More to come.

BTW, B5 is notorious to update. It starts with a clean slate, but UVI saves all your versions. That’s why I love Brad’s Preset models. All is explained in the link I posted above.

1 Like

Hi Janot,

Corky’s presets are great! I have thought about re-tooling my rack to the way Corky does it using the snapshot entire bank style of preset management. As he noted it let’s C3 do the management of the parameters for each patch. I will look into converting a rack to that style of setup using 2.5 as the engine when I get around to it and post it here. If i do it you should be able to add Corky and my patches in one rack. Like he said B5 is a bear to do patch management on but I’ll look at it. :grinning:

Dave

1 Like

Thank you for the Preset Mania link I haven t visited yet ! Great idea again !

That is what I guess. Thanks again. I will definitely look at your works by the future. Have a good Day.

Acoustic Samples B5 v 2.5.2 Update rack

Hi, I have reworked this rack because the updates from AS weren’t backward compatible. It is much like the previous rack but due to changes AS made to the scripting you can no longer save some parameters as select state so they will only save as entire bank. This leads to some significant problems with sharing using that preset model. I made 3 versions of the same rack with the same B5 presets. Model 1 was the entire bank style with the data saved in the preset snapshots and synced with rack states so you can call presets from song level. The problem is for 35 presets it is a whopping 197 Mbytes so it is not easily sharable and it takes a while for each preset to load. The second style I tried was a copy of the old rack using the same style of using the states to save the data of only the parameters that were changed, it was about 5 Mbytes and loaded presets very fast. It can not save organ type anymore on the new version so you can’t mix C3 with B3 patches in the same banks. The last type I made was with the new parameter sets type and it is like the states type in size and function but saves the parameter data as parameter set snapshots. It was also about 5 Mbytes in size and switches way faster than the Entire Bank type I described but a little slower than the original rack state type I am replacing. So lots of new knowledge on the various preset methods and the ups and downs of them. I am going to post the original states type replacement rack for B5 v2.5 here : It uses the 1969 C3 Model

B5 v 2.5.cantabileRack (4.7 MB)

The other version that uses the parameter sets to store the patches works a little differently. It drops in the song and you use the new rack buttons to call the GUI for B5 up and set the preset there. It saves the preset choice with the song file when you save the rack. These button features are only on the latest experimental builds after 3644.

select preset and close when done

Save rack.

Another new feature is the 2 states for the rack. One is for Single tier upper keyboard use and the Split state has a predetermined split as shown in the pic below

Both work for every parameter preset in the rack. So select one and set either single or split and save the rack. Another up side is you can share presets and banks with this type without breaking the bank! Here is that new type rack : It uses the 1968 B3 Model

AC B5 V 2.5 Organ III.cantabileRack (4.5 MB)

How to program into a C3 Song video

B5 Rack 2.5 Use.wmv.zip (448.9 KB)

This plugin is a resource hog but has a wonderful sound! I use it and B3-X all the time now with VB3 II staying in the case … Enjoy!!

Dave

2 Likes

Very nice Dave! I figured you were in the cobbler’s shop this evening. :grin::+1:
Love the single or split states.

1 Like

pinky_brain

:grin:

1 Like