Build 3544 - What's New

Issue with the network server fixed for me as well - great stuff, @brad!

1 Like

Any workaround to make this happen with Windows 7? I wasn’t planning on upgrading…

Not unless Microsoft back ports their WebSocket implementation to Windows 7 (don’t hold your breath).

Did my first gig with 3545 tonight and everything worked perfectly after a C3 startup glitch. Upon starting C3, the screen showed only a few boxes (time and load buttons at bottom, and top of screen with power button), but the rest of the screen was black. I restarted C3, and everything loaded as normal. I was pressed for time, so I did nothing else to test it out. At break, I switched to my backup, and it also had the same glitch, but restarting C3 corrected it as well. My gear is packed for tomorrow night gig, so I hope to spend some time recreating the problem tomorrow.

Hey @Corky,

Thanks for reporting this. Regarding the startup problem, it sounds like it’s reasonably reproducible. When you’ve got a moment, could you do this:

1. In Options -> Diagnostics, turn on Log File Write Through
  2. Then go to Tools -> Open Settings Folder
  3. Reproduce the problem, once hung kill Cantabile with task manager

Send me a copy of the log.txt file from the folder opened in step 2.

Don’t forget to turn off Log File Write Through when finished.

Also helpful would be a proc dump - see here for how to capture that.

Brad

Ok had some rehearsal and latest c3 is stable. Seems that synth1 problem is fixed also.

Hi,

as I don‘t have an ipad available here I checked this with an iphone 6S. Works well so far on 2 machines but having a small problem: the selected song vanishes in the upper part of the window (f.e.: selecting song 9 leads to a list showing songs 11,12,…). When scrolling to the selected song it‘s highlighted as expected.

Any hints appreciated,

regards, humphrey

@brad

I have not been able to recreate the startup problem so far. My gig was flawless again last night using Focusrite. I upgraded to 3545, on both machines. while I was using ASIO4ALL. This glitch happened AFTER I connected to my Focusrite. Didn’t know if this had anything to do with it, or not. After I crashed a couple of times while changing drivers (sent report), I wondered if these 2 errors are related. Never had this problem before 3544. Going to test more after I complete my gigs this weekend.

Thanks for reporting this - I’ll check it out.

Are you sure you sent the reports? I can’t see anything recent from you. If you’ve still got the crash reports (check in Options → Open Settings Folder) email them to me and I’ll check them out.

Finally, I may have to grit my teeth and leave my beloved Win 7.
It’s been a really nice OS. Do I jump…?

Hey Ade,

If for a Windows 10 update you do you will

a) make sure device drivers for your gear are supported in Windows 10

b) have to deal with some registration problems on some plugins at the outset after the update and some on a recurring basis since the Windows machine description changes when certain updates are performed causing certain protection schemes to need re-authorizing

c) have to carefully control the Windows Update feature at Services level and update only when no gigs are in sight for a while to make sure the updates haven’t caused any needed attention on your authorizations.

Dave

1 Like

Hi Adrian

I feel the same as you about Win 7. If you jump, you may want to go to Win 8. I am not leaving 7 till I have to. It is running 3545 very well at my recent gigs. I will not be running Web UI very soon so no prob with 7. My Win 8 does it all, so no need to jump on the 10 bandwagon. Win 8 is basically Win 7 with a few updates and touchscreen abilities.

Corky

EDIT: I am looking into upgrading my 7 to 8.

A post was split to a new topic: Siggin0er’s Custom Web UI

Today’s build 3547 includes a couple of fixes to the WebUI:

1. Better auto scrolling on iOS
  2. Fixes for older browsers (now works on iPad 3/iOS 9 + hopefully some others too)

Brad

1 Like

Just as a test, I tried my wife’s ancient iPad iOS 5.1.1. Doesn’t work shows unrendered JS. No worries, just feedback. Tried Safari and Chrome (an old version that worked with iOS 5.1.1) I didn’t really expect it to work.

Hi Brad,

scrolling on iphone works very well now.

Thanks and kind regards, humphrey

So to use the webUI live on stage, one would need a router to establish a LAN? And connect both the computer that is running Cantabile and the phone/iPad/whatever to that LAN? Or is there an easier way?

~ vonnor

Basically…yes.

Or if you trust or can use a venue LAN.

I haven’t tried this myself, but you can setup Windows to act as a Wifi Hotspot. See here: Use your Windows PC as a mobile hotspot - Microsoft Support

Brad

1 Like

Very cool Brad…knew I could use mobile hotspot from device, but not from laptop. Thanks for sharing.