Background Rack per Set?

Thanks so much everyone for the info provided… I didn’t realize this was such an issue.

As a guitarist, I have to use my midi pedal board to change my presets in TH-U. I have my board set up for the first 10 patches to handle everything I commonly use (Fender clean, dirty, Marshall plexi, Boogie, etc). I also use the two pedals for CC Vol, and assign the second pedal to whatever fits the patch (CC reverb depth, phasor depth, Delay time, etc).

I do use Songs and can load a special rack if needed.

For now, I’ll stick with the VST2 TH-U.

Thanks again everyone.

Pep

1 Like

@PepAX7

I was kinda late to the party, but I found the same results as above. I started reducing the number of different Amp Sims I use lately, but still retain my older racks for older prepared songs. My favorite Sim Rack is my Neural Dsp Gojira one. I made custom presets for what I need and can drop them in with song or state changes, using a single switch. I have presets containing clean, clean ambient, tube breakup, Marshall stack, metal, EVH, monster, and much more.

After testing the concept of Cantabile sending all the CC changes to ALL the outboard midi gear, there is a very noticeable delay to the Kemper. This delay probably includes the conversion to USB, buffers, execution, Cantabile, Kemper, etc. I’m using 512 sample buffer (11ms). This probably doesn’t matter when loading the initial song, but when I press a foot-pedal to change guitar Kemper guitar sound, it has to be instantaneous.

Before, the X-11 program change was sent to a MIDI splitter which simultaneously sent PC to the Kemper and Cantabile (parallel). The Kemper change was instantaneous. When sending the X-11 Program Change to Cantabile and sending out (serial), I bet it’s half a second delay before the Kemper changes.

But, during this exercise I still learned to improve the “changeability” of the set list with the Program Number changes by moving as much as possible from the background rack to the song racks. All those concepts work well, but the guitar sound delay is usable, at least with my system.

I was incorrect that there were no conditional bindings for PC. Pick “Any” and the Condition column can be filled in.

1 Like