Assistance with loading V2 Cantabile Performances into V3

Hi All,

I am making the leap to 64-bit plugins and using Cantabile V3 for my performances. I have a few dozen performances from V2 I need to convert over to V3, these have a lot of routes and plugins and sub-sessions and triggers assigned, and I’m looking for some help with issues I’m running into.

When I load in a V2 performance into V3, I’m seeing the Racks that I had setup in V2 are showing in V3 with the “Audio Out” disabled (X icon to the left of it) and the Target Object Port is showing Output Port Master Out (missing). Clicking on the Audio Out only shows the same path (Audio Out). If I double click on the rack to view the plugin, I’m seeing the same output path there as well. I click on the X to change it to enabled, and then open the plugin interface to attempt to make some sound using the plugins virtual keyboard, but nothing is playing. If I right click the plugin and select Audio Ports, I’m seeing Audio in and out ports for that plugin that are set, but not seeing anything like what I’m expecting to see there such as Stereo Out, or Output Port: Main Speakers, for instance.

If I start with a new song in V3 for instance and insert an embedded rack, and then a plugin to that rack in the output, I am seeing that the “Audio Output” paths are showing Stereo Out / Output Port - Rack: Stereo Out.

I’m not seeing a way to get to my standard audio output ports when loading in my V2 performances. This answer probably exists somewhere here in the forums but not finding it. I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed at the onset of getting these V2 songs converted. I am planning to use racks that will be re-used in other songs, my goal is to load in a setlist of songs with as many shared plugins as possible at the onset, to make switching between songs easier and with less loading time.

I think with so many complex triggers and sub-sessions and multiple routes in my existing songs, I’m not sure if it makes sense to load these V2 files in to convert…? It is super daunting thinking of setting every song up from scratch again, many of these are pretty complex. From anyone else’s experience, would it be easier to first figure out all the plugins I would need or want to load at the beginning of a set, and set these up in racks, and then build all my songs from scratch? Or should I be able to get my existing V2 sessions to work out with less effort?

Hi, these links may help you with finding information on importing sessions. If this doesn’t help please re-post with some screen shots of your Options>Audio Ports.

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/guides/upgrading

Dave

Hi,

I followed Brad’s advice and just create them all from scratch. It didn’t take long once you got your head around the different concepts in V3.

BTW. Whilst I put it off for a long time, it is well worth the effort. Cantabile 3 is a different beast compared to 2!

1 Like