AcousticSamples B5?

Absolutely no pressure :grinning: - I was just making the point that ā€œall in oneā€ patches are such a breeze to load up (mainly because my IK Leslie is Amplitube).

Not pressured at all! I am doing it for myself anyway. The beauty of this is you can switch to V 2.5 at anytime. I just wanted to get those patches set for V3 using itā€™s Leslie. I think they will be far superior than those I made for V 2.5. I am giddy like a 6 yr old on Christmas morning, lol.

1 Like

Your Welcome, I claim all the credit :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

As well you should! See what you started !! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Whatā€™s the verdict on the v3 Leslie? Is it on par with the IK T-Racks and Amplitude versions? LOL, I just broke my budget with Spitfireā€™s BBC Orchestra Core Edition, but whateverā€¦I may break the budget a bit more with B5 tooā€¦

@sekim

Just to make sure we understand each other, the V3 Leslie is not a stand alone, and only works within B5. With that said, I havenā€™t had time to compare them yet. I can run B5 DI out to IK but what I have found in my many tries with all these Hammond clones, is that the resident Leslie within the clone is well matched by the developer. So, while IK worked well in some instances of B5, itā€™s own Leslie sounded much better for other things than the IK. This was true for all the clones.

The Leslie in B5 is way better for many different settings now. As I said, theyā€™ve created a completely different plugin, and it is substantial. If you are still wanting to use B4, then IK would be the choice. But, the sampling and modeling in B5 and IK Hammond is far superior to B4 and just hearing all those rich overtones really sounds like the real Hammonds Iā€™ve played most of my life.

I would say, without a comparative test, and limited time usage, the B5 probably equals the IK. Thatā€™s just because of what Iā€™ve heard and the similar parameters of each. Give me some time, and I will do a blind audio shootout, and you can judge for yourself.

Good morning!
I am attempting to use the v3 (with minimal hand functionality) and noticed quite a few audio glitches (more of a break in sound than pops). My desktop has an ā€œi5ā€ (3.4) with 12MB of RAM. Iā€™m using 48K & 512 samples in my interface.I havenā€™t tried my laptop (with an ā€œi7ā€ and usually no audio issues). Could you please share your audio settings. Yes, Iā€™m being lazy, but I only have today and Sunday to get the painting completed on my project before the temperatures plummet here. Then rest my hands for a Christmas Service on 12/20.
Absolutely love the sound of the v3. It makes it ā€œrealā€ for ā€œMidnight Riderā€ and ā€œWith A Little Help From My Friendsā€!

On the UVI workstation preferences I have this on my desktop using standard high speed disk drive ā€¦

On my laptops with SSD the hard drive type is set to SSD with same cache size.

Thanks, Dave! My system comes up as ā€œMedium Speedā€ in the UVI Options. What buffer size are you using in your audio device?

Thanks

Sure thing Doug, here are the settings on the desktop i5 with 7200 HD. Iā€™m in standalone use.

SnapShot%2015139

Same settings in Cā™Ŗ3 FWIW and it works the same there.

Thereā€™sā€™ a small update to the program. On the KVR page, he said that he changed the GUI so the tabs are not covered when the preferences are open.

• Paul
1 Like

Thanks Dave & Paul!

Doug, I am running it on my old win 7 at 44k 16gb Ram no problem. May have to adjust buffers.

A quick B-5 Leslie vs IK Leslie test.

I used a stock setting in B-5, no adjustment to Leslie. Then I ran the same organ DI out to IK Leslie. Only adjusted Leslie speed to compare to B-5 Leslie, nothing else was changed. There is virtually no difference. I have enough controls on both to adjust to each other, so maybe a little eq, and some attention to deceleration speed would make them damn near equal. Again, this is just a quick, out-of-the-box test. Click the play button and both will eventually play.

Interesting. I like the 2nd one. Thereā€™s a weird overtone that sounds like itā€™s unaffected by the Leslie but itā€™s more prominent in the 1st example. Out of the box I like the eq on #2. Clearly though B5 sounds much better then it did!

2 Likes

B-5 is not as ā€œdarkā€ sounding now. Big difference. Giving IK a challenge, which will make us happy. Nothing like a good ā€œorganā€ fight. :rofl:

1 Like

I prefer the second one. Iā€™m guessing that is with the IK Leslie?

I also think the second one is the IK Leslie.

Question for Corky - how did you set the Direct Out in UVI Workstation/B5 v3?

Thanks for doing the comparison!

I ended up buying the T-Racks Leslie. It sounds really good to my ears on the old B4 II in DI mode. Plus there is an ulterior motive at work hereā€¦there is a small Hammond tonewheel organ in the family that has ā€œthe soundā€ though no Leslie. Donā€™t recall the model, but there is some chance I end up with it. And Iā€™ve heard some recordings of real tonewheels into the T-Racks Leslie and itā€™s really something.

Doug,

Typically, I havenā€™t opened the manual yet. I went into the Speaker settings, turned down the Rotary level and raised the DI output (which is pretty neat, since you can mix the output for tweaking the overall character of the sound).

Doug