AcousticSamples B5?

I want to go there too.:tired_face:

1 Like

Spent an hour with the new stuff

• somewhat better CPU from mid 30’s to mid 20’s idle and under 60 on leslie ramping and smears
  • The New 1963 A101 is much mellower than the 1965 A100 it already had
  • The new chopped 1964 A102 is an agressive rock organ to be sure, has a little more power and bite than the 1965 A100, it is a welcome addition. The 2 most meaty organs in the bunch IMO are still the 1960 and 69 C3’s, they sound way different than the B3 which sounds very much like a B3 to me when compared to recordings of B3’s at the time. The new chopped one is going to have to get used!

Dave

Thanks Dave. Going home tomorrow. It will be the 1st thing I do for sure!

Got it loaded. I agree…the As have something special for sure. I also tend to use the C3s for most of my stuff. The B3s are cleaner sounding compared to the C3s. Gonna play with the As this evening and check the loads. I finally got my email about the update shortly after I responded to you.

This from Acoustic Samples:

The EDC are the latest files using the flac lossless compression (which means, smaller size, less CPU, less steaming load, less space on HD, smaller loading time, etc), so these are the ones to use

I think they started using flac files in version 2.

Acoustic Samples B-5 Version 3 released …

1 Like

Wow… thanks Dave! I checked the site 2 days ago with nothing showing up. Will be downloading in a few.

I think they were referring to you in the video as one of the ( persistent … lol ) folks who made many requests for improvements, hopefully they did some good stuff, it’s smaller on the download now too by a third of the size. I will be checking it out too! :grin:

Lol…I guarantee it was me…I was a virtual thorn!

1 Like

The B5 Organ V3

Based on real tonewheel samples, fully modeled from the tonewheel pickups, the AO-28 amp, the resistive wires to the drawbars and key contacts. Everything has been carefully measured on different models and adjusted to match real organs.

The Hammond organs are very complex beasts, full of wires. Until now, the best renditions were synthesis, mainly because of how the organ works which is a set of 91 frequencies that are connected via contactors under each key and which volume is controlled by the drawbars.

Sample based libraries consist of stacking drawbar samples at the same time which works, but causes a big problem, sometimes you play the same frequency twice and because of phase cancellation, you never get the same sound twice when if you press the same keys.

We have found a way to use the 91 frequencies synthesis approach, but using real samples, so we get the best of both worlds, the real recorded organ tone plus the real behavior and we keep access to the versatility of the drawbar controls and the tweakability of synthesis.

No doubt…I will give it a run and get back to you.

The Leslie parameters are much better. They put my “Memphis” settings on!!

Black Key Presets assignment.

Fx pedals like B-3X

Not dark sounding as before

Resources usage change?

Yes…so far it is looking at least a third lower, but will have play with it some more and compare. Curious about any distortion changes…just haven’t gotten there yet. Playing with the different models…much brighter than before. Update was free again!

I’m installing now, I will give it a try tonite

update

Holy Smoke this is way more snappy than V2.5 and half the resources on my rig. Nice levels across the keyboard no soft spots. I am liking it way better so far. More to check out but great first impression here …

Resources half what they were. Sitting dormant…using 11% .

My biggest complaint, the distortion, has been improved. Much more natural.

The Leslie is much more realistic and many more parameters to adjust.
All fx pedals on only spikes to 27%, but has a strange dropout noise. The pedals don’t seem to affect resources like B-3X.

First impression…this will give B-3X a run for the money. More Leslies, Tons of tone control sets going back to 1935 A model sn 305 recapped, which can be adjusted…amazing.
I will have to dig deep into this one. Much different in obtaining a tone than B-3X, Blue3, and VB3 II. Really digging this major update. It really has a great sound, and I’ve just barely touched the surface.

1 Like

Corky,

I’ve just spent 3+ weeks converting an old hot tub into a Cat (literally) Hotel and my hands are not working very well at all (only managed some big chords and a few elementary runs). As for these old ears, they nailed the sound of instrument that I remember from back in the '60s. They’ve perfected the digital cajones!

Doug

Wow! Hope your hands get better. I agree with you Doug, this was an unexpected knockout. They did one helluva job on this update. Glad @dave_dore gave me the heads up. @Torsten gave me a good laugh earlier, so this has been a remarkable day for sure. :wink:

The hands will heal and now this gives something musical to work on. My wife and I have not done any live music since March 14th and we’re fed up with the face decorations! We had hoped to play at a local establishment (owned by friends), but they had to sell their business! We did use the down time to enable my wife to get a pacemaker. Now she beats at a perfect 70 BPM! :joy:

2 Likes

Hey Doug, I can relate to everything you are saying. This whole situation really sux. I got to play 2 weeks ago, but was so ashamed of my apparently rusty performance. Glad your wife is good now. I know many people who have used the down time for medical procedures. I’ve tried to catch up on all the medical stuff I fell behind on. I have to be at the hospital at 7AM tomorrow for a procedure as well. Playing catch up is hell for sure.

We’ll pray that all goes well for you tomorrow. Have a happy Thanksgiving Day!