Volume changes not saving in song states

Using Korg M1, if I create 2 song states, each with a different instance of M1, volume settings do not save for each state. I tried this with VB3 and it worked correctly;, i.e. Cantabile remembered the saved volume settings for each saved state. In VB3 unchecking “volume” in the list of plugin state behaviors causes it to NOT save the volume settings for each state.

So there must be a specific item which should be checked in the M1 state behavior list to make it remember volume settings for each instance of M!- but I can’t seem to find it.

If anyone has used M1 in song states and can help me figure out what to do, I’d appreciate hearing from you.

Hey Lee,

Where are you setting your M1 volume? Is it the Master Volume for the plugin itself? If that is not responding to state behaviors then i would call it a bug or an anomaly. You could use the Cantabile audio out routing fader for that plugin and use state behaviors on it instead of the one inside M1. Maybe a pic…

I haven’t had much time to work on this issue since I posted yesterday. M1 volume is being controlled at the plugin level by CC 7 which is assigned to a slider on the Impulse 61. Each instance is M1 is assigned to a different midi channel, and CC7 remapped to separate Impulse sliders.

I tried mapping the volume with a binding for the song, which provided a partial solution. Doing it this way allows me to choose the M1 “master volume” as the target for my CC. Differences in volume for each instance of M1 ARE now saved when I switch between states. The only problem is that the volume does not increase smoothly. Starting at the “0” position, there is no sound. As I move the slider slowly up toward “127”, the volume suddenly “kicks in” at a soft level. From that point forward it does provide a smooth db increase. I have no idea why this volume jump is occurring.

@LeesKeys

Just so I’m sure, are you talking about a Cantabile Slider, a Keyboard slider or a Plugin slider? Thanks Lee

Keyboard sliders on the Impulse

That might be a problem with the way CC bindings are mapped to gain levels. I’ll check it out - anyone else noticing weirdness here?

Brad

I got slightly different problem with cc->gain mapping.
When CC is down to 0, the gain goes only to about -50db. So it’s not completely silent.

I’ve found the same issue with Gain as Pavel did. Using M1, if I create a binding to control gain, the plugin continues to sound quietly even if my keyboard slider is at 0. I noticed that the cantabile gain slider does not move all the way to the left to correspond with my keyboard slider in 0 position- basically, they seem out of sync.

The other problem- the volume not being continuous from the keyboard slider 0 point- occurs when the binding is mapped to the M1 master volume. Screenshot

Just discovered a solution to the Master Volume problem. Using M1, if you create a binding for Master Volume, you also have to bind the same keyboard slider to each active track. So if you are running in M1 Program mode, there will be just one track to bind. In Combination or Multi mode, there will be multiple tracks to bind. A binding has to be created for each part and assigned to the same CC number. Once that’s done the volume adjusts smoothly from 0 to 127.

That said, it would still be simpler to map the volume to the Gain slider if the 0 point issue can be resolved.

OK thanks - I’ll check it out.

Brad, I’ve noticed this problem with the Media Gain sliders as well. If I create a binding to control gain on an instance of Media Player, then zeroing out my keyboard slider leaves a small but noticeable volume on the media file. I checked the binding and even though the Target Gain Range minimum is set to -infinity, the media plugin gain slider doesn’t move any further to the left that -50, even though the keyboard slider is pushed back to 0