Transposing whole song

I want to transpose all plugins and all states in a song to be transposed up one step. Is there are way to transpose at the song level rather than at the state/plugin level?

Yes, just use “Global Transpose”, which applies a transposition to the song, and is stored as part of the song:

Neil

2 Likes

I don’t see the Global Transpose button. However, I did find global transpose under the “Control” menu bar item.

Column not wide enough perhaps?

just not seeing it

try resizing the “Control” column; I guess the “Indicators” column is currently covering up your transpose settings :wink:

Yep, it was sneaking around behind indicators! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have the problem that I have to set global transpose for each state. Anyone have a tip for me. I would like to set global transpose for the complete song…

Do a search for “global transpose”. There are several different threads addressing this issue, for example Issue with Gobal Transpose

My problem is different.
I have some states in my song. When I switch through the states, I have to set the Global Transpose for each state separately. I already know the topic from your link.

Don’t know if this is the case for you, but if you are using racks in songs, each rack must be set to “Ignore Global Transpose Settings”. For example, I have a song that uses a rack I’ve name “Pianos”. Open the rack, look under Input Ports, right click on Rack: Midi In, and select Midi Route Settings. Ignore Global Transpose Settings should be checked. If it’s not, then global transpose at the song level will not work correctly. Don’t ask me to explain it, I just know it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
thank You!
I have already set the settings in this way, otherwise transpose twice. That can’t be it. It’s that every state keeps the transpose setting to itself. I would like to transpose a complete song. If I set global transpose to + 1 in the first state, and then select the next state, the global transpose is set to 0 again.
I play in several bands. It often happens that the bands play the songs in different keys. That’s why I need a global transpose that works across multiple song states with one click.
Maybe Brad can help?
@brad oder @Torsten Ecke

Thank you…
Cheers
Steffen

Hey Steffen,

you need to turn off “Transpose” state behavior for input ports. clicking the Transpose button in the Input Ports area should activate the State Behavior panel for the input ports. Now remove the check mark at “Transpose” and Cantabile should keep global transpose throughout the song.

Cheers,

Torsten

1 Like

Hey, Torsten,
This is the solution!
Thank you very much!
Kind regards from the “Taunus”! :slight_smile:

Steffen