Suggestions/wishlist

Hm not in the playlist?
You can still only see the next 2 songs :-/

Other idea: it would be handy to see the bpm in the setlist on the left, because lot’s of people select their live playlist by tempo match.

Here’s a minor request. (Probably very quick to code though.)

Could the plugin Loading window include the path of the plugin currently being loaded? This would make it easy to identify slow-loading ones.

It’s true that if it sticks on (say) “10 of 15” for a while, I can inspect the log file and count until I reach the 10th plugin load entry to discover which plugin it is. The enhancement would save having to do this.

@brad, can you confirm if “10 of 15” means it’s currently loading the 10th plugin? Or does it mean that the 10th plugin has been loaded and it’s currently loading the 11th?

1 Like

Hi @Danny,

I’d need to double check on whether it’s just loaded 10 or about to load 10. You’re right though, showing which plugin is loaded would be handy… Logged it.

Brad

Hi.
I’m learning how to use the players. When I use audio loops, I need a function that let me to move the audio to right or left without moving the markers.
Another alternative would be to move both left and right markers at the same time. The idea is do not to change the time between markers.
These functions would allow me to modify the start time of the loops without modifying the duration of the loop, so that it continues synchronized to the tempo.

1 Like

Next build will include two improvements:

1. The set list panel and the song states panel (not rack states) now try to keep the current song/state as the third item in the list - allowing more upcoming items to be visible. Like This.

2. The song load dialog now shows the name of the plugin that’s loading. The name is the name you gave it in the song, not the plugin path.

Brad

2 Likes

I love that first one!

1 Like

Build 3518 (available now) includes these two improvements

(I hoped to include more in this build, but got sidetracked for a day with RolandCloud issues).

I love them both! Great update!

1 Like

If it doesn’t exist already, would it be possible to have a program or script to make sure the computer (I’m using Windows 10) is set for optimum uninterrupted performance with Cantabile? Something like an automated Glitch-Free exercise.

Along those lines, I recently read a bad review for a Karaoke Jockey who found Windows updates taking over his machine at a wedding reception. His intended software was Karafun, which I have used with no problems so far. Once his machine freed up all went well, but the hosts we not pleased.

yeah be sure to manually disable W10 updates

I’m not aware of anything off hand that does everything, but Cantabile can automatically do the most important one - the power plan setting. See Options → Audio Engine → Switch to Power Plan → High Performance.

Ok, I dare…

Please @brad add support for conditions, expressions and variables in bindings!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Groups of bindings could be seen as some kind of procedure, witch would be triggered from other bindings.

Those “structural” bindings would be written out of any group (root folder)

A third status apart from ON/OFF (checked/unchecked) would declare a group as procedure (skipping them from sequential executing)

Evaluation of expression with variables would be added as possible source!
Variable value affectation (from expression, value of CC, index, event… ), and of course “execute group” would be available as target.

Let’s dream…

PS: Today a little can be done by linking bindings to states to be able to “mute” or activate certain bindings under certain conditions… but it’s a tricky way and prevents you from using states for other purpose.

1 Like

"Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?.."

Let me be a little reminder of the forgotten wish(https://trello.com/c/uQLnG6yk/287-global-search-ability-to-locate-plugins-media-files-session-states-and-songs-by-typing-a-name)

There is a one big missing feature in Cantabile, for me at least.
It is a rack (maybe also a song) browser/picker/finder.

The idea is to make a superquick instrument/effect changing\browsing (also maybe quick saving it to a new state (or quick preset button?) for super fast song arranging during rehearsal or playing live.

Frankly speaking, many hardware synthesizers is way more handy in terms of browsing and choosing timbre category.
I wish I could do the same with Cantabile someday.
This browser may be the last cherry on the Cantabile cake :slight_smile:
Now it is a weakest point for me.

PS

BTW
I like the Omnisphere Idea of browsing presets.
May be its not a good Idea, but maybe kind of a folder mirroring (user categories) browser will work

kind regards, Alexander

1 Like