Suggestions/wishlist

This certainly would help me with synced arpeggios!

They call me “Flam-Man”.

Terry

I think it must be to realize that a State optional works like a Timed Container If this works it was possible to call next State Timed with Mediaplayer…or with a delayed Next State Command…

It would give more Freedom and flexibility than only a midifile that controls all.

Like the differece between Midi and Styleplayer…

We wouldn’t want you to get lazy Brad :wink: :wink: :wink: I added some more features to the wishlist and ticked of some you already made
:heart: it !!!

Handy

• :white_check_mark: Double click to reset sliders

• :white_check_mark: Sliders should be controlled by mousewheel also (Popup of the sliders is good, but you need to keep the mouse button down, so you loose precise action)

• Easy sort playlist by dragging the songs (holding ctrl)

• :white_check_mark: Add the (user) hot keys, shortcuts in the menus. (some are missing)

• Sort the columns in your personal order

• :white_check_mark: Show the top Main output fader with a level meter.

• :white_check_mark: Metronome ticker bar (1234) also active when not in play modus

• Add video to the media player.

• Columns in the notes or resize the notes window

• Simple markup in the notes

• Ctrl click a song to reset to it’s initial state

• Ability to hard copy songs in the list (create a file duplicate)

• Seamless switching presets :wink:

Cosmetics

• It would be handy if you could drag around items, sliders, buttons and shape your own work space. It’s already changeable, it has a live view, and some bars can change height, but still you can’t make it your own.

• Left playlist panel should be resizable and scroll along with the popup selection (as should top ticker also), popup selection should be double size.

• Fullscreen modus F11 (can’t stond those ugly windows bars :slight_smile:

• A rack view of the open plugins :slight_smile: ? (I think the coming mixer panel will solve this?)

Hi @Brad,

Possibly, I’m overlooking something and this is already possible, but what I would really like is to be able to drag and drop plugins into a rack. I guess it’s due to the sloppy workflow I’m using in C3 (I’m still learning), but often I find myself creating a new song, adding instrument plugins to the song to layer different sounds and then realising it might be more convenient to create a separate instrument rack. Or I have just created a beautiful combination of sounds that I would like to create a rack for, to be used in other/future songs.

As far as I can see, this means I have to add a new plugin rack to the song, go into the rack and then add the individual plugins, going backwards and forwards between the main song and the rack to find out which plugins I added to the song (which involves opening the plugin to see which presets and settings I configured).

It would be very convenient to be able to just add a plugin rack to the song and then simply drag any existing plugins into that rack.

1 Like

I think you can already copy/paste a selection of plugins into a rack, maintaining their selected presets etc. Have you tried that?

Neil

3 Likes

Of course, @Neil_Durant, you’re right. It’s so simple and obvious. I guess I’m so used to the drag-and-drop functionality in other programs that I completely forgot that drag-and-drop is basically nothing more than cut/copy-paste in the first place :blush:

1 Like

I’m still kinda new to Cantabile but I couldn’t find a posting on this: how to make the loop function smooth(er). For instance at the start of Jet! (Paul McCartney and wings) and the start of Vehicle (The Ides Of March), the brass section holds the 4th and 5th note respectively. (Yes, I know not to sample copyrighted works; this is merely a test for (my) educational purposes.)

It would be nice to have a hint of where – earlier in the sustained note – the zero crossing matches the intended loop end’s trajectory (going up, going down). This would smooth out the sustain.

Or maybe there is another way to do this and I haven’t found it yet.

1 Like

To create seamlessly looped sample sounds, I usually use a VST sampler - there are nice free ones like Grace or Tx16wx. When things get really tricky, I edit samples in WaveLab to create truly seamless loops - WLhas super-powerful loop blending functions.

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

DDMF Metpluglin allows drag n drop from the desktop into the plugin and I must say, that has been
useful on occasions.

Thanks, Torsten and Ade.

I am using Grace already and am very impressed with it (Tx16wx was unsupported). I guess my question would have been better off posted at Grace’s site, as it is not a Cantabile issue. I’m also very impressed with Cantabile and eventually will buy, just to contribute to the effort.

In a way it was good that I posted here otherwise I may not have heard of WaveLab and DDMF Metplugin. I’ll check them both out. Thanks again for the suggestions.

After some live concerts with the latest 3270 version,I experienced that the shifting of the songslist should be more than 3 songs in the bottom.
Because who needs to see what songs have past, but you want to know and anticipate with the coming songs.
So maybe @brad, you could align the song list to the bottom instead of starting from top?
Or at at least half the list scroll along?

And on the subject of the list in the left panel, one thing that I find irritating is how if you’re moving a rack state a long way away using ctrl-arrows, the list doesn’t scroll, and the selected item just happily flies off the top/bottom, and you have to stop and manually scroll to see how far it has got. One of my instrument racks has over 100 states that are carefully categorised in groups, so I’m frequently hitting this.

Neil

4 Likes

The other alternative is to look at the Ticker Bar instead, which always has the current song and song state central, so you can always see what’s coming up.

Neil

Hm, true, but you only see the next 1 or 2 here also.
The input output levels on the top right are very handy !
Only wish I could have them aside the ticker bar also, because in live modus I only have that ticker bar active :slight_smile:
The panels should be movable and scalable according to your wishes.
But that’s a whole different story I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me twice over on this one !! It (set list or state list scrolling) works fine when not selecting and moving something but not when moving items.

Dave

2 Likes

I have also a suggestion: I would like to have a midi assignable “Save” or “Save All” - Button. As far as I can see it’s only possible to add this to the controller bar as shortcut… but I can not use a button on my controller to save the current song / set…

Hi Christian,

There is a way to do this (a dave hack …lol). To do it you first re-task an unused Hot-Key to either ‘Save’ or ‘Save All’ (this ex. is Save All). I chose to switch from ‘Ctrl+Shift+S’ keyboard combo to just the ‘End’ key.

The ‘End’ key is a Navigation Key so I could then bind the controller button using CC 107 in this example to the ‘End’ key and then it worked fine and would ‘Save All’ when ever i pressed that switch on the controller.

Might work until a different solution arises.

Dave

3 Likes

The way you guys figure out how bend things in ways that were never considered always amazes me. :slight_smile:

What a pain! I’ll fix it.

Logged it, but not sure how to address it yet. Might be best addressed once I move Cantabile to it’s new UI Library.

1 Like

While you’re at it: please also fix this for set lists - same phenomenon here.

Thanx!

3 Likes

Scrolling when moving selections in the list works beautifully now in 3271! Thanks @brad!

Neil

1 Like