Suggestions/wishlist

I’m starting to get the hang of Cantabile :slight_smile:
Now, I encountered some minor things that could improve. May I share my wishlist?

Handy

• Double click to reset sliders
  • Sliders should be controlled by mousewheel also (Popup of the sliders is good, but you need to keep the mouse button down, so you loose precise action)
  • Easy sort playlist by dragging the songs
  • Add the (user) hot keys, shortcuts in the menus. (some are missing)
  • Sort the columns in your personal order
  • Show the top Main output fader with a level meter.
  • Metronome ticker bar (1234) also active when not in play modus (now you only see the.
  • Add video to the media player.

Cosmetics

• It would be handy if you could drag around items, sliders, buttons and shape your own work space. It’s already changeable, it has a live view, and some bars can change height, but still you can’t make it your own.
  • Left playlist panel should be resizable and scroll along with the popup selection (as should top ticker also), popup selection should be double size.
  • Fullscreen modus F11 (can’t stond those ugly windows bars :slight_smile:
  • A rack view of the open plugins :slight_smile: ?
3 Likes

Hi @So_Godly

Thanks for the suggestions. A few of these have already been suggested (see the Trello board). I’ve created a new card for this post so I don’t lose track of it).

Basically it’s all a matter of priorities.

Brad

2 Likes

I love it how you listen to the voice of your public Brad, that’s what makes your product a success.
Should i add the questions one by one so people can vote for it? To have the priority?

1 Like

Thanks - no doubt Cantabile wouldn’t be where it is without the insight of it’s users!

No need - there are already some other cards for some of these and I’ll probably split it out and re-prioritize it myself next time I’m in planning mode.

2 Likes

Thx,
I guess we all want Cantabile to be succesful and of best use to everybody :slight_smile:
Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!
some additions:

• Add an advanced Rack browser (for searching by its Name or by a some [pre-saved] tags maybe)
    Seems to be handy when rehearsing and searching for specific rack in a folders tree.
  • Add notes column for each song in a set list.
    Sometimes it is need to know something about a song without loading it.

Kind regards

1 Like

Might be handled by this: Trello

Would you expect these notes to be saved in the set list, or in the associated song?

1 Like

It might be right to save it in a song with the ability to override this setting in a list.
But I am in comfort with saving these settings in a song :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!
Kind regards

2 Likes

Additional suggestion for Live mode custom buttons:

• add some rotary control instead of slider (so its current value could be seen) - it might be very useful when using with touchscreen.

Kind regards

Logged here.

Hi folks!

I am using windows explorer for finding appropriate racks.
It works like:

So we got a good search via explorer.
But Cantabile creates a new song when drag-n-drop a rack file to an active song.
Would be reasonably good if it adds this rack to an existing song.

kind regards, Alexander

2 Likes

I never tried external tools…thanx for turning me on to it

Thanks @Alexander

I’ll do it as part of this.

Brad

1 Like

Hello!

Little “List grid”-related wishlist:

kind regards, Alexander

2 Likes
  • +1 that !
    I was gonna propose to Brad also :wink:
    Use the theme colors for that.

• add favorites to songs

• Please also reflect this in the side songlist also.

These settings can be stored in the playlist file?

2 Likes

Logged here.

I would like to have a small Quantize Funktion for Midicommands

So If one specific Command was send it would be hold back in a Memory and the Next 1/16 , 1/8 , 1/4, 1/2 or 1/1 Open the Door to run the Command

…that would be Great

And it would give many new options to work with…

I searched for some Plugins they could do this but i have nothing found.

1 Like

We did have something related to this in Cantabile 2, where a media file could be triggered on the next beat or bar.

Could you clarify where you want this quantization to take place? Do you mean ability to hold back any arbitrary MIDI event in the MIDI processing pipeline, or are you talking about triggering a binding on a quantized time point etc…

Brad

I mean hold back…

I am playing with an arranger Key as Timecode Master…
Cantabile,Voicelive , and my Synth are working as Slave.

If i want to start a specific Arrpegio on my Synth synchron to the Rhythm of my arranger this is very difficult…

It is no Problem at the Start Point of my Song but later it would be nice to have a Little buffer/timewindow from pushing my trigger to Fire the Arrpegio

My thougts are: …like you have an Intro, Fill or Ending on an arranger Key…you press the Button and the Fill was fired on Next triggerpoint on Timeline …maybe 1/4 or 1/2 or 1/1 Beat

Like this (but only working foreward because it is live)

Maybe it could trigger a State change to the Next fixed Timeline Point…

My Dream is a new Menuepoint or Option >>“QUANTIZED STATE”<<

This would give “Cantabile States” the same Funktion than Slot’s in Ableton Live …and that would be great.

Because there is the posibility to Fire a Mediaplayer on ‘loadState’ and make a big Ligthflash to the Same Time or someting else…

I think this posibility could be for many People a reason to work with Cantabile instand of other Programms…

Hope it helps

jürgen