Planning: text and value feedback to MIDI control surfaces

Hey All,

I’m starting to think about/design/plan for the ability to better control some of the new keyboards that are starting to emerge that support onscreen text and value displays, key range indicators etc… eg: the Kontakt Komplete keyboards.

The first part of this is trying to collect together appropriate documentation for how to drive these keyboards.

I’ve already contact NI about the Komplete keyboard and Novation about this one but I seem to recall some other but don’t remember the details.

If you’ve seen keyboard or device that you’d like to be able to control from Cantabile like this - let me know.

Brad

3 Likes

I would definitely interested in what you could do with the Komplete Kontrol S-Series stuff. I have an S-88. I also use the Maschine Jam, which seems to have shared elements in its interface.

I’ll jump in an help test anything you are experimenting with gladly! :slight_smile:

Terry

Thanks Terry - I think the trick is going to be getting docs from NI. Last time I looked I couldn’t find anything and I got the impression it was closed, but we’ll see…

1 Like

As I was in close contact with NI a while ago I also remember that the displays are closed source and you are not able to send any informations to those.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of.