Organ Plugins - Opinions?

Acoustic Samples does not do demos, unfortunately.

You are right…Organized Trio was the free 1st version of VB3.

MRotary is a really good leslie sim…a lot of parameters.

I’ve found this info :slight_smile:

I have tried both B4II and VB3 and I own the Nord Stage 2.
I think NS2 is not bad at all. Just the distortion is’t perfect.
But I don’t see why you guys prefer VB3 above B4II.
IMO B4 is nice.

Sven

Because B4 is no longer available. The successor is VintageOrgans :slight_smile:

I agree. That’s my preferred combination as well

VB3 has ‘it’.
B4 always sounded like the life had been squeezed out of it.

I can see preferring B4 for certain jazz or gospel situations maybe, but I find it’s way too bright (as in a lack of tube warmth), the Leslie sim isn’t that good and the amp section really isn’t the sound of a Leslie amp. The VB3 gets a rock “warm and fuzzy” sound right out of the box. It is all a matter of personal preference but VB3 sounds more like the sound I’ve always tried to get out of my real organs. YMMV!

Just found that no matter how much one futzed with B4 you always hit that brick wall.
Perhaps the test of a good emulation is that it always gets you where you need to be, regardless of genre.

@FredProgGH

Just dropped into say…VB3

@Ade B4 was a very early emulation and was great for it’s day, but NI dropped the ball, as they tend to do, and technology surpassed it.

I wonder if there’s ever going to be an update to VB3 at this point… I gather GSi’s efforts are generally going to hardware and support of the Gemini…

Guido started doing the hardware thing about 5-6 years ago. Sorry if I repeat myself from other threads, but He had the VB3 v 2 developed as he was switching to hardware. He dropped a limited software version of VB3 v2 in his Key Performer program and it is VERY good. Key Performer was developed to give a live player access to most of the common instruments in one program, but it is still 32 bit, and running jbridged in 64 bit is, for me, a little unreliable. I think you can still get a free demo of Performer on GSI site. You will have to also download the instruments separately, but they are free. There was a mention on his Facebook page a couple of months ago that he was going to hopefully get back to the software side of the company soon and catch things up.
Key Performer :

You can hear the limited VB3 2.0 near the end of both of these videos and you will hear why, if version 2 ever comes out, it will blow the others out of the water. His electrics and strings ain’t too shabby either!

1 Like

I layer VB3 and Arturia B5 together and have the fattest organ I’ve ever played.

1 Like

Thanks Andrew. I am going to try that. Do you use the exact same settings? Which rotary do you use?

That’s what she said!!!

I’m sorry, it’s like sometimes I’m 12. My wife tells me that every day. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I teach 12 to 14 year olds every day. I understand.

1 Like

I prefer acousticsamples B5 over all of these…I’ve used B4 II , VB3 , NI Vintage organ , none felt as real as Acousticsamples B5…

I like B5 as well…it is not good in live situations tho. As I stated in another thread, there is a major update coming to B5 so I am hoping for it to please my desires.

And…as always…may I say…VB3 !

B5 seems to have a great jazz/50s vibe in the demos. Not sure if it gets the kind of sound I usually go for or not. Wish there was a playable demo.

No you can also have a great rock/disto/amp kind of vibe with it , pretty versatile !
You can make it “scream” very easily , very tweakable in any ways !

Why do you think it’s not good in live ? I use it in a Pink Floyd cover Band , playing the whole “The Wall” album , with no problems at all…:confused:

I have tweeked B5 till I can’t stand to see the GUI anymore. It sounds great in studio, but cannot maintain that sound live. The leslie, although not bad, leaves me wanting more. It has a great “woody” sound. The developer says he samples everything as if you were standing next to it, to give realism with the pops and cracks and such. Again, great in studio, not evident live. The major change will be mostly with the leslie. That is why I am holding out hope for this. IMHO VB3 does the Jon Lord thing amazingly well. I think that B5 has the high sweet tones as on the airy 1 1/3’ drawbar and the whistle 1’ drawbar.