Need Advice on Electric Guitar VST Files

All - Many thanks for the great info here. I was starting from near ground zero and now have a much better appreciation of the tools, both free and fee.

1 Like

That threebodytech library does sound pretty good! The only other guitar libraries I’ve used that gave me any degree of joy at all were (the long discontinued) Lyrical Distortion by Bella D Media (good for leads) and Prominy’s V-Metal, which again depending on how you amp it can actually work for a lot of genres. Prominy was the original gold standard in deep-sampled guitar but it’s anther of those things wherein by the time you got to where you really had all the key-switches and controllers down you could probably have learned to play guitar :stuck_out_tongue: But V-Metal is more intuitive. I’ve had good live results from it.

Edit- Apparently, LD is still around, and prices can’t be beat! The demos are lackluster, they don’t really get across what you can do with good playing technique and reamping.

http://www.lyricaldistortion.com

Edit 2- HA! One of my demos is still on the site! I won’t link to it because it’s not really that good either. It’s from about 2007, probably Kontakt 2, and I wasn’t allowed to reamp the sound or use any tricks. it was probably done in about 20 minutes. Still though… Sweet! :smiley: