Multi-port Audio

Hi Brion,

OK - those images are very hard to read, but I think I get the gist of it.

Could you do one more thing - send me a Cantabile log file. Do this:

1. Start Cantabile, make sure the Yamaha driver is selected
  2. Close Options, and make sure the audio engine starts
  3. From the Tools menu, choose Open Settings Folder
  4. Close Cantabile.

From the folder opened in step 3, send me the files log.txt and log-previous.txt.

My guess is that the driver is simply reporting all channels as having the same name - “Yamaha TF”. Are you using ASIO or WASAPI driver to connect to the device?

Brad

Thanks, Brad!
Here’s the log files…
log.zip (188.0 KB)

log-previous.zip (23.5 KB)

I am using the Steinberg ASIO driver. And as far as I know, the driver is reporting the specific port numbers as it does for Cubase, Nuendo, and Sonar. Whenever you set up audio ports i each of these programs, it is pretty much the same process as with Cantabile, (except of course, the other DAW-ware programs pick up the actual channel/port ID).

Happy Easter!

Hi Brion,

I had a quick look at these logs and in each case you had a Focusrite driver selected - not the Steinberg driver so I can’t see what the driver is reporting.

eg:

00020389        0   [10812:2]:       asio - ASIO Driver: Focusrite USB ASIO
     <snip>
00020390        0   [10812:2]:       asio - Buffer 0 - input channel 0 - "Input 1" - ASIOSTInt32LSB
00020390        0   [10812:2]:       asio - Buffer 1 - input channel 1 - "Input 2" - ASIOSTInt32LSB
00020390        0   [10812:2]:       asio - Buffer 2 - output channel 0 - "Output 1" - ASIOSTInt32LSB
00020390        0   [10812:2]:       asio - Buffer 3 - output channel 1 - "Output 2" - ASIOSTInt32LSB

Can you do it again, but make sure the correct driver is selected.

Brad

Actually, this log came after the Yamaha driver was selected and working during a ‘session.’ It’s as if more than 8 ports causes the program to simply label each iteration “Yamaha TF” because it doesn’t recognize the ASIO driver that is provided by Steinberg. I note the log, in any/each case only recognizes two ports, yet in both cases any and all ports are actually available.
This is not a critical priority, but thank you for your taking the time to look into it.
All the best!
Cantabile IS the best!!!
Period!!!

Hi Brion,

Cantabile always displays the channel names as they’re reported by the driver… which is why I wanted to see that log just to double check that is what the driver is reporting.

If it happens again, send me a fresh log and I check it out.

I guess one solution would be to suffix the channel names with a number if all the channels have the same name - but really it shouldn’t need to do that.

Brad