Media player - Sync master and slave

Hi,
I have created a small 6 track audio player in cantabile (6 x media player plugins, 1 master and 5 slave; 1 - click, 2 - bass, 3 - guitars, 4 - keys, 5 - drums, 6 - vocals, …). I set the master (audio file: 1 - click) to 4/4 and 140.
I use this 6 track audio player for rehearsal training, or if a musician is missing.
This works fine.
Now:
I use synths with arpegiators, they are synced with the master track too. But the tempo is changing during the song, so my arpegiator is not synced anymore.

Is that possible to create a 6 track audio player that is not synced to cantabile?
For example, to sync all the audio files to the first media track (1 - click).

Thanks for your suggestions

Hi there,

I have quite a few tracks with Tempo and Time Signature changes. Is your Click MIDI? If so the MIDI should drive the master tempo/time signature and therefore any Arps/Sync’d effects etc should … sync!

See here; Time Signatures & Virtual MIDI Input for Media Playback

If it’s not MIDI then I can’t help other than suggest you try the method of adding the MIDI track (and write your time signatures etc there)

1 Like

Hi, this is a very good solution, thanks.
In my case i have tempo and signature changes for the plugin (halionsonic 3) with song state and this is all I need.

I want to create a 6 track audio player that is not synced to cantabile?
For example, to sync all the audio files to the first media track (1 - click).

+1 on the advice above. I ALWAYS have a MIDI track in with any MIDI events (e.g. triggers for lights), but which is also the tempo/time signature master. The MIDI track is set to be the Master track and all other tracks are slaved to it.

One thing I found (certainly in Cantabile 2 and assume it still applies to Cantabile 3?) is that the MIDI file needs to be as long as the longest audio track, or they will stop playing when the MIDI track stops. This may mean putting some “dummy” events (e.g. a small change in mod wheel position) right at the end of the MIDI track to ensure that it is long enough - the problem I found with building MIDI tracks (at least in Cubase) is that they will only be as long as the last event in them.