Major update 3233/4

Just a quick question about the big new build 3233/4. Will it make changes to rack/song/setlist/settings files that will cause any difficulty if I revert back to build 3232?

Neil

Hey Neil.

There are few small changes to file formats:

1. The “Automatically Update State” flag get converted to lock flags on the states.
  2. The “Always save rack with parent song” gets converted to “Save On Unload: Always”.
  3. Some key bindings for state related commands have been renamed internally and will be updated to their new names.

So… if you update to 3233/4 and then need to go back those settings will be lost on any songs/racks you save in the new build.

To be safe best to take a backup, but it’s not what I’d call a critical set of changes to the file formats. ie: previous builds will still open them.

Brad

1 Like

Wow major indeed! You’ve worked hard Brad!
Lots of stuff we asked before!
:heart:
Incredible how much you validate your customers!

Can we get some help on the new functions? Or are they in documented in the manual already?

New - Revert Song and Revert Rack commands (File menu)
New - locked states (replaces auto-update state option)
New - routable metronome sounds (create an input port called “Metronome”)
New - compact on-screen keyboard now shows target name
Improved - state related commands moved to new “States” menu
Improved - mouse wheel support for knobs and sliders (hold Shift for fine)
Improved - delayed prompt to save songs with pre-loaded set lists
Improved - modified songs indicated in set list panel (when pre-load on)
Improved - new option to control when/if racks are saved
Improved - control click knob/slider to reset to home position
Improved - show perf metric variables in variable menus
Improved - show state saved feedback in status panel
Fixed - unclean shutdown when shutting down Windows
Fixed - relative encoder bindings not woking with with gain targets
Fixed - incorrectly reshowing popups with toggle popups command
Fixed - set list not updating when state deleted
Changed - transpose command moved to Control menu

Have a look at Brad’s blog post about the new stuff.

Neil

2 Likes

Super!
I was thinking: since we’re a helpful community and Brad works so hard within such a little time,
Would it be interesting that we setup a cantabile wiki?

1 Like

I’m curious to hear how the latest version works for you guys as I’m going live next week, I’m a bit afraid for bugs.

that said, I gave it a try, I can always reinstall the previous version right :slight_smile:

ok first issue, I checked a song note state behaviour OFF and now it’s gone in the other state also, but there’s no undo :confused:

Hi @So_Godly,

I’d be reluctant to call this build stable yet. As mentioned above, for ease of going back I’d make sure you have a backup of your songs and racks, but even if not it should be reasonably easy to go back.

State Behaviours aren’t per-state so not sure what you mean by this. Some more details?

I have a song with 2 states, but when i unchecked song notes from the first state and switched to the second, my notes were gone, but i could not undo this anymore?

BTW i love the new functions! Nice job.

1 Like

Hey @So_Godly

Not sure I’m following…

Do you mean these?

Perhaps post some screen shots of what you’re seeing and explain what you’re expecting.

Sorry for the late answer, yes these :slight_smile:
I unchecked the first one, Text.
And my lyrics were gone (obvious).
But there’s no way to undo.
I fixed it now, but maybe something to look at?

Hi @So_Godly

Yeah those settings aren’t covered by the undo manager (I’m sure for some technical reason that escapes me at the moment). And to be clear: these are not per-state settings.

Brad

1 Like