Lyrics/Notes to save my aching head

I’ve been a user of Songbook on my ipad. With all the chord progressions and lyrics I have floating in my head, I just don’t trust my memory anymore. I use the scroll feature in Songbook so I can make the print larger. I’m pretty sure it does, but in the notes portion of Cantabile, can it be broken up so that it progresses (sort of) through the song, or is it all one .pdf? Songbook uses Chordpro format, making it easy to just snatch the lyrics/chords from my favorite website. But, having one less thing to operate onstage for me would be awesome

Hi Steve,

I think the notes has 2 main ways to add content. They can mixed as well.

• type or copy/paste text to a prepared text field called ‘add note’
  • load graphics files (jpg, jpeg, png)

no utility for pdf or Chordpro. You can open pdf in external app triggered from C3.

Dave

You can change the content of your notes page by song state by making it state-dependent.

• Tick “text” in the State Behavior panel for your relevant lyrics block
  • For every song state, enter the relevant lyrics / chords in this text block and save the state

Now whenever you change to a new song state, the lyrics will change accordingly.

There is no scrolling, though; and you’ll need a new song state with every “page change” for your lyrics.

Let me offer you an alternative: I have the exact same issue as you - too many songs, chords and lyrics, and a big fat file folder doesn’t really look too rock’n’roll on stage… So I developed LivePrompter, a dedicated teleprompter for live musicians, based on the chordpro format, running on the Windows platform. Since I am one of Cantabile’s biggest fans, it also cooperates well with Cantabile - you can build setlists in LivePrompter and then automatically load the corresponding songs in Cantabile; you can also remote-control LivePrompter (play, pause, next song) from your master keyboard controls via Cantabile.

Take a look at this thread - the combination of LivePrompter and Cantabile is discussed in detail there (haven’t gotten around to building a web site for LivePrompter yet.

There is also an installer for LivePrompter - you can download it here.

Did I mention that LivePrompter is free?

Cheers,

Torsten

I once suggested a feature for Cantabile show notes, to allow you to add a PDF, and have it page through for different song states. I don’t think there was enough support to justify doing it though.

Here is the way I do lyrics in show notes:

I turn the page (so to speak) with state changes. I copy and paste lyrics directly off the internet and correct if necessary. I change color with each state to verify the change when I hit my foot switch. I usually color the states in the left hand window the same colors. Very easy to see and work with.

You can add chord changes as well… Anything you want.
You could also add a mini monitor attached to your laptop as well if so needed.
Torsten’s Live Prompter is a jewel, and well worth a good look.

Easy with that kryptronite Corky…:smile:

1 Like

But…I’m mad about miss Lois Lane !

1 Like