Lost settings again

Sorry, this shouldn’t be a new topic but I added it to a previous similar question thinking it would ‘bump’, but it didn’t appear to, then it did! I don’t know how to delete a post!

This has just happened to me for the second time yesterday. On both occasions it was when I tried to update Cantabile from the Tools menu. The updater couldn’t shut down Cantabile (I hadn’t saved a recent change to something) so I had to do it manually. I then updated normally but all the settings file info was lost unfortunately.

The ‘last good copy’ was from quite a while before, though I didn’t know how to get Cantabile to read it. Do I change the name? I tried to use a copy from one of the zip files that are in the Cantabile folder but it wasn’t recognised. How do I save the current settings - just manually drag a copy somewhere safe? Could this be a menu option in the future?

I’ve redone all the necessary settings stuff now, and will avoid updating from inside the programme in case this is a small (if annoying) bug.

Paul

Replied on the other post.