Issue with patch on load in Cantabile - Arturia Matrix 12 V2

I have the Arturia V Collection 5 and am running into issues with the Matrix 12 V2 plugin. This is something that was happening in Cantabile v2, and is also happening in v3. I have a patch I’ve created that I have assigned in Matrix 12 V2 and sounds just fine when I manually load it in the plugin using the patch menu in the Matrix 12 menu from the plugin within Cantabile.

However with this patch saved in the plugin and then the song saved, and then the song loaded from scratch, I am getting just a short blip sound from the patch. I’ve tested this plugin in other programs and I am not experiencing this in Cubase 9 Pro or Pro Tools 11, it’s only happening in Cantabile v2 and v3 that I’ve found.

I’ve had to go into the plugin on song load and navigate the Matrix patch menu to re-select the patch, and then it’s fine. But this has been a hassle during live sets and practice and hoping to get some input on this.

The only differences I am seeing between Cantabile and other programs, in Cantabile there is a asterisk * after the patch name on load, which I believe means it is not saved or has been edited. In Cubase and Pro Tools on load there is no asterisk symbol:

In Cubase:

In Cantabile:

I’m wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue? Some additional things I have tried:

1. Editing the patch to change some parameters and re-saving it, saving the embedded rack as well, and then the song (and confirming there is no asterisk on the patch) but no changes on load
  2. Created a trigger change the patch on load, but doesn’t resolve

Appreciate any input on this, thanks.

Hi @zorkiii

That asterisk is definitely suspicious. I won’t be able to look into this till Monday but in the meantime could I get you to create a verbose debug log for me?

1. Make sure your running 3250 or later (it has some additional logging in this area)
  2. Go to Options -> Diagnostics and turn on Verbose Logging
  3. Close Cantabile
  4. Restart and load a song that has this problem.
  5. From the Tools menu, choose Open Settings Folder
  6. Close Cantabile

From the folder opened in step 5 send me log.txt, log-previous.txt, settings.json, a copy of the song file and the Matrix preset and I’ll check it out.

Brad

Hi Brad, I zipped up all the files and send them to you via email. I appreciate the help, thanks.

1 Like

Hey @zorkiii

I’ve been in discussion with Arturia about this and they’ve done some testing and couldn’t reproduce any issues. They suggested making sure you’re running the latest version of the plugin. Check that and get back to me if they problem still happens and I’ll take a closer look myself.

Brad