IMPORTANT: Read this if you've run build 3258, 3259 or 3260

Hi Everyone,

So it seems build 3258 was a bit of a dud. The primary problems were:

1. Suppress Events filters with Suppress Notes not upgrading correctly
  2. Some bindings from files saved in very old versions of Cantabile not upgrading correctly
  3. A bug in the new state management code throwing an exception and causing some states to not be fully loaded.

All issues that I’m aware of have now been fixed, however to make sure the side effects of these issues don’t affect anyone in any ongoing manner…

I recommend anyone who has run builds 3258, 3259 or 3260 should restore all your songs and racks from your 3257 backup and then use 3261 to open them.

Also, if you have any suppress events MIDI filters on any environment ports (ie: In Options -> MIDI Ports -> Port -> MIDI Filters), you should also reload your 3257 settings file as follows:

1. Start Cantabile
  2. From the Tools menu, choose Open Settings Folder
  3. Close Cantabile
  4. Delete the file settings.json
  5. Locate the file settings.3257.json (or earlier) and rename it to settings.json

Build 3261 is available now. Download

They’re called experimental builds for a reason, but still… I’m so sorry about all this :frowning: (and I’m glad I recommended taking a backup before upgrading).

Brad

2 Likes

Great work Brad !
Lot’s of useful stuff I’ve been waiting for.

When I click the circle icon (next to metronome box) it says build 3257 is available, NOT the 3261 noted above? Does 3261 have to be manually downlaoded and installed?

Hey Dennis,

Yea, that would be the way to go.

Dave

okay thanks. I’ll download it as a separate install, rather than relying on the auto update button (as mentioned above)

In the options under “About” you can check a box that also checks for experimental updates.

Terry

2 Likes

Hey Dennis,

Like @terrybritton said the update shown in C3 is the latest known stable build unless the box is checked in Options>About.

Dave

excellent, thanks guys…checked that box and now 3261 appears!

1 Like