How to use 2 separate MIDI controller on Logic

Hello everyone, I’m having problems with my two USB MIDI controllers in Logic Pro X, basically, no matter what I do, i can’t get them to work on different instruments patches.
For example, if I have a piano track, both controllers will play, and I’m desperate right now trying to make it work.
I have a Nektar LX61+ and a Roland FP5.
On the Nektar, you can change MIDI channels, and I did that, but it doesn’t work, I really don’t know what to do.

Hmmm, no offense, Gerardo, but you ARE aware that this is a CANTABILE support forum, not a LOGIC support forum? Cantabile is currently (still) only a Windows piece of software, Mac version still outstanding, so the majority of users here will probably be Windows people - no Logic here :rofl:

But maybe a pointer in the right direction: in most DAWs you can select the input port for a listening track. So you’ll need to e.g. set the input port for your piano track to the one your FP5 is connected to and another one (whatever you want to playon the Nektar) to your Nektar MIDI port.

Usually, DAW MIDI/Instrument channels are initially set to use “Any Input”, so that’s probably the same for Logic.

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

It’s always good to help out the Mac people. They’ve been stuck with Mainstage for so long now. (Logic is a pretty nice DAW from what I’ve seen).

Taken in isolation, this is very humorous to me, Thank you Torsten, you never know what will make someone smile.

Dave