HELP! Cantabile crashing A LOT

Thanks all for all your help, Brad found an issue with Hybrid in the DMP file. I’ve taken Hybrid out of the show and today it didn’t crash…

Hopefully it’ll stay that way!

Pierce

Aaargh, what a drag - @brad: is this issue with Hybrid a general one? I’ve just bought it in the recent sale and was in the process of incorporating it in some of my songs.

Would be good to know before I invest time in de-stabilizing my system…

Cheers,

Torsten

Me too! I haven’t seen any crashes with it yet, but I’d rather not take a risk if others are having problems!

Neil

At this stage it’s a bit hard to tell - I’ve only heard of this one case of there being problems and whether it’s directly related to that plugin, something about his system, incompatibility with other plugins or something else I can’t really say.

So I’d be interested to hear if anyone else has problems with it, but perhaps shy away from it for live work until we know more.

Unfortunately AIR can be difficult to get in touch with - at least they were last time I tried. I’ve asked @Toaster to log a support ticket with them and to pass on the DMP file and my contact details. I’m happy to help them diagnose it but that’s about all I can say on it at the moment.

Brad

I just wanted to throw something out there that I experienced recently just in case it’s related. I have an Intel Skull Canyon setup with 32GB ram and a 2TB Samsung 960 Pro SSD drive in it. Recently it’s been freezing up randomly for a couple minutes every few minutes. I thought it might have been some issues with the recent Win 10 fall update or some random maintenance tasks running since I hadn’t had it on much recently. But then I remembered that I also recently upgraded the firmware on the SSD to 3B6QCXP7 (from 2B6QCXP7). After some quick searching, MANY people are experiencing the same problem with the random freezing after the firmware update.

Edit: What made me think of the firmware update was the drive usage spiking to 100% while the system was frozen (or very very slow).

There are several threads found at:

There is no fix for this yet and my system is completely unusable at this point.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I had also some issues with the skull. I also used the 960 pro, but didn’t make a firmwareupdate for about half a year.

I had glitches every 30min or so which I was not able to get rid off. Anyway: I changed my system to a STX mainboard running an i7 7700k, so A LOT more power for less money, and this machine runs stable as hell (using a 960 EVO with newest firmware, which I had left over).

Hi guys,

Apologies for not posting this sooner but a long week of tech rehearsal and opening a show has got in the way…

@brad did his being amazing thing and found out that my particular problem was being caused by Hybrid (see above) and tomorrow when I’ve got 5 minutes to rub together I’ll open a support ticket with them and see if they can sort it their end. Hopefully coz I, and quite a lot of others, it seems, like their synthesis. I hope @FantomXR and @Fesick get your SSD issues sorted, I have, at the moment at least, got no issues with my SSD drives.

As always though, many thanks to Brad for his awesome software and unparalleled support and to the rest of you guys for a friendly and helpful community!

Cheers

Pierce

3 Likes