Embedded and Linked Racks ......again

I understand what they are and how they are used, but is there a way to visually see which is which? Also, one of the groups I often play with are detuned to A-432. Since I have not found a way to do this globally, I have to go to the racks and use the VST settings to achieve this. I use many of my racks with other bands also, so should I just build new 432 racks as to not affect my current racks? Just wondering if anyone might have a better way of approaching this.

Many Thanks

Corky

Their icons are different. Check out the image; Rack 2 is embedded, Output Stage is linked.

Hey Corky,

The icon is a little different. I had these 2 mixed up in an earlier post and had to edit it lol…

Dave

@Neil_Durant @dave_dore

AH HA! Thanks guys!

Corky

The only method I used - and which still works in a studio setting - but would be pretty ridiculous live - was to apply varispeed from an ADAT recorder.
Not exactly an elegant approach LOL!!
In that generation of recording tech I had Fostex RD8 ADAT recorders and a Fostex D20’ DAT. All of those had vari-speed which could be applied to the word clock of a digital audio card. It was very effective !!
There’s a surprising amount of range that can be handled by most cards.
Given the choice between making dedicated racks and buying an ADAT machine - I’m guessing you’ll be scouring the vintage gear classifieds as soon as you’ve stopped laughing!
:blush:

1 Like