Control surface with motorized faders?

Hi all, great community here!
I have an Arturia keyboard controller and have five or six sounds per song which are mapped to the keyboard’s faders for controlling volume of each sound independently… but my dream scenario is to have an outboard control surface with motorized faders that would snap to preset volume levels whenever I change songs. Is this possible? Is anyone doing it? I’ve looked at the Behringer Xtouch or BCF2000 as potential purchases but would like confirmation that Cantibile can send a volume change command for each plugin and the faders will snap.
Of course, if someone has tried this and found it to be problematic, your wise words of wisdom are welcome.
Thanks!
James

I have a BCF2000 and will try that out in Cantabile tonight and get back to you.

You’d better act fast – BCF2000’s are hard to find now. Sweetwater no longer carries them. From what I hear, Xtouch is pretty decent.

Terry

Hi James,

It works with my BCR2000 which has no motorized faders just continuous rotary type controls and programmable switches. Just create a binding to send the volume command to the control surface at the song load or do a midi learn for your binding and presto.

Dave

1 Like

I’m glad you answered because I got bogged down tonight and did not get a chance to do the test I said I would!

Can Cantabile send info to the lights around your knobs, Dave?

On my other software I’ve been using the BCF2000 in Mackie Emulation mode.

Terry

1 Like

Yes Terry, it properly updates the led rings on the bcr2000.

Dave

1 Like

Thanks guys, I ordered a BCF2000 and will let you know how it works. I appreciate the quick responses.

2 Likes

Hi all, just to cap off the topic, I received my BCF2000 and spent a few hours with it last night, and it does function exactly like I had hoped. I created input and output bindings to map the faders to the gains on my individual racks (taking a cue from others, I have set up a “Piano” rack, “Organ”, “Pad”, “Synth” etc. with various patches and settings in each one). I’m also mapping the rotary encoders to an EQ / High Pass filter sweep for the pads and synths. The possibilities are opening up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is a great donationware editor for the BCF2000 here:

https://mountainutilities.eu/bcmanager

It is far better than the editor that you can download from Behringer.

Also, there is a Yahoo Group that is dedicated to helping each other out with this unit, and they have a robust files section also. Ask to join - they’ll let you in within a couple of days.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bc2000/info

Terry