Chord pad emulation?

I was wondering if there is a way to emulate “chord pads” in Cantabile. Basically, some way to trigger an entire (user programmable) chord from a single note or event.

I use this on my Kronos with the help of a NanoPad. For every program or combination on the Kronos, I can store 8 chords that I can trigger from the top 8 NanoPad pads. This is a function of the Kronos, not the NanoPad, to be clear. This is more useful than it might seem - for each pad you can set the channel and a combination of up to eight notes. You can play back with velocity sensitivity or turn it off. Possible applications are, for instance, triggering an arpeggiator tightly or, what I mostly do, triggering fat two handed synth chords, leaving one hand free for filter cutoff control.

Is there any such feature in Cantabile? I saw that VIP 3.0 added such a thing so it seems it’s not entirely outside of the realm of apps like this.

No need to have this function built into Cantabile - simply insert a MIDI chord plugin like Chordz in your MIDI route; you can then use song states and plugin presets to have different chords associated with your pads for say verse, chorus, solo…

Cheers,

Torsten

3 Likes

Hi,

only in case you not only need chords but also arpeggios cthulhu from xfer records (https://xferrecords.com/products/cthulhu) might be worth a look.

Regards, humphrey

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks guys!

Nice vst, chordpad !
We can almost create a fully retirement house keyboard setup :wink:
Looper, Chordpad, samples, … just need some accompaniment vst now with rhythms :slight_smile:

I just checked, bandstand is kinda like that but it’s a GM midi player.

Hm, it’s offline…