Cantabile doesn't change tempo of MIDI files

Hey people,

maybe I overlook something. I have here a MIDI file which has a length of 1bar. It contains some MIDI data to remote control fade-ins / fade-outs.
I loaded the file into the media player. I’d now expect, that Cantabile automatically adjust the tempo of the MIDI file according to the song tempo. But it doesn’t. It doesn’t matter which tempo Cantabile is running… the file will be played with the same tempo anytime. I also tried the sync-modes. But that’s not working too. I also added the tempo to the file-information… without any success.

So… is it not possible / do I have to use another plugin or what do I overlook?

Thanks!!
Chris

See “EDITING PER-FILE SETTINGS” here near the bottom, as well as “SYNCHRONIZATION OF MEDIA PLAYERS WITH MASTER TRANSPORT” further up:
https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/guides/mediaPlayers

Terry

2 Likes

Dear Terry,

thanks! But this is what I’ve tried already! As I wrote I added the original tempo to the MIDI-file and tried the sync-modes (musical should be the one which should do what I want). But in my case, the tempo of the MIDI file doesn’t change. If I set Cantabile to 30BPM, is still runs the MIDI file fast…

1 Like

Hey Christian,

The sync function to the metronome works here with these settings

Could you post the midi file in a zip file to look at and try here?

Dave

1 Like

Hey.

I meanwhile tried it and it worked :wink:

But now I stumbled upon another “issue”:
When I set Sync-Mode to Musical the Loop-Function doesn’t work anymore. Is that correct?

1 Like

Hey Christian,

I don’t know but believe you when you tell me, I never checked that use case so maybe @brad could explain why, sorry …

Dave