C3 as a VST rack - no songs

I see what you’re saying Torsten. Very helpful. Since that would require a $100 upgrade from the Solo to the Performer edition in order to have access to States I will consider that as a last resort.

If “Resume” could cause a loading delay I might be able to get the same result by sending a zero volume change binding message when I need to silence a vst. Or switch to a silent vst patch.

This topic may be diverging from my original post heading so I will create a new one to see if anyone has addressed this.

Thanks to all.

Hi Kenny,

How many sound changes involving vsti’s are you talking about that you want access with your “VST Rack” no songs. If there are not many you could use Songs to act as states.

e.g.

The songs have programmable pg numbers Song 0, Song 1 etc. The zero and 1 represent song numbers in the set list but also are MIDI pg numbers you can call from your synth. So you could have Song 0 as your active vsti sound and all other Song/pg numbers in your set list unloaded (so no sound).

here’s song 0 (and MIDI pg number 0) with a vsti loaded and playing

here’s song 1 (and MIDI pg number 1) with no vst loaded

Song 2 (and MIDI pg number 2) is also empty. So the point is that a number of things could be achieved using just the setlist as a state changer since you have no actual Songs (in the conventional sense)

So each Song entry in the set list actually acts as a vsti patch change (much like a state) and each MIDI Pg change you send will change the Song/Patch in C3. You add as many ‘entries’ (saved Songs with names) as you need to the set list for all the patch changes on the keyboard for a nights work. That would be my stab at doing it with Cantabile Solo version anyway.

Dave