Any info on how to get pitchwheel to function with VB3

Im trying to resolve a issue I have with setting up a binding for the pitch wheel using vb3 plugin
using a K-2600 as the controller. Is there some global settings to use for plugs that don’t have a native pitch-wheel feature

Check your setting within VB3. You can right click the rotary switch after you go to global options (under MIDI CC ) and selecting assignable. You can also right click on switch and use midi learn.

Corky

Check out this link to Torsten’s input also

I want to control pitch with the pitchwheel in vb3 or B4II.
The lesile is already assigned to the mod wheel.

Sorry. My bad. Apparently my eyes failed me. There is no assignable for that in VB3. Dunno about B4 because I haven’t used it in 10yrs. Maybe someone else will have an answer for you.

weeelll, mebbe its coz B3’s didnt have a pitch bend wheel?? :smiley: tbh if I hear a be clone pitch bending, well makes it easy to tell its a fake hahaha!

From the VB3 manual:

Plase also note that VB3 […] doesn’t respond to Pitch Bend messages, or maybe it does… who knows;

The “global tuning” parameter in the main menu is not controllable via MIDI - and it only lets you adjust between 437 to 443 Hz anyhow.

So if a VST instrument doesn’t allow you to bend pitch, there is no binding that will help you do that.

And why on earth would you want to pitch-bend a Hammond :scream:

Your only option could be to use a pitch-shifting plugin like this one AFTER your organ plugin and use a binding to control its “pitch” parameter - but not sure if you’ll get something musical out of it :dizzy_face:

Cheers,

Torsten

Of course, in the old days, just turn the B3 off and the pitch would drop, then turn it back on to regular pitch. Early version of the pitch wheel.:smiley:

1 Like

Not in a very predictable or musically useful way though- when you turned it back on it took a few seconds to settle back into pitch. Tom Scholz got his to pitch bend evenly somehow, was never really quite sure how. He could have been doing the on/off trick but I wonder if he had some kind of AC line voltage frequency adjustment built in, maybe as a master pitch control.

Hi Fred

This is how Tom Scholz did it:

“I had the organ set up right next to my 12-track Scully recorder, which had a massive flywheel spinning inside it,” says Scholz. “As I was tracking that solo—which, to this day, I still find to be pretty tricky to play—I reached into the tape machine with my free hand, and, with just the right touch, applied pressure to the flywheel, slowing the tape down during my last note. That resulted in the organ’s pitch rising when the tape was played back at normal speed. That wheel had some nasty spokes on it, too. There was real danger involved.”

The real way of making a recording…manipulate the equipment! Blame the Beatles and George Martin.

Corky

Well… duh, that makes sense lol Jeeze, been so long since I’ve tracked anything to tape that things like tape speed tricks that once would have been obvious don’t even come to mind any more.

Maybe a controller into a DDL?