Absolute jump prevention just working in "one direction"

Hey people,

at the moment I figure out, how the jump prevention works. I want to control the drawbars of the Blue3 Organ with my controller. I assigned all faders to the drawbars and it’s works just fine. I did not use the internal MID learn-function of Blue3 but I used Cantabiles bindings instead. In the bindings-menu I set the fader to Absolute mode with jump prevention.
If I now load a preset it works fine! Also with jump prevention.
But if I restart Cantabile, it does only work if the value of the fader is less than the drawbar-setting. An example:

The hardware fader is all way up, the corresponding drawbar is all the way down. If I move the fader, nothing happens till the value of the fader equals the drawbars value. Nice!

If it’s the other way around => fader all the way down, drawbar is all the way up, the drawbar jumps immediately when moving the fader.

I added the rack to the post.

Hint: If you look into the bindings you will see that the range is not inverted here! I inverted it already in my midi electronic. So the fader sends 0 when all the way up and 127 when all the way down.

Thanks!!

Chris
Blue3_Absolute_Jumpprevention.cantabileRack (85.6 KB)

Will be fixed in 3279 and 3505.

I wonder if this is related to the ancient issue I posted here. As far as I remember, @brad could never reproduce it, and I had to come up with a workaround for it. The symptoms sound quite similar, although the use case is a bit different.

Neil

Could well be - worth testing when I get the next build out (later today)