3258 update available

Wow, wow, wow, I take my hat off to brad. This is really impressive (not only the big reset item and the number of improvements but also the usefulness of the smaller ones).

Many thanks for the good work, humphrey

Second on that Humphrey!

Dave

Here a first response: just installed without problems.

To my mind there is a little bug (or is it a change only?) inside suppress events MIDI filters: till 3257 all events were passed, when using “suppress” and leaving the parameter field empty - vice versa all events were suppressed when using “allow” and leaving parameter field empty.

Now it is just the opposite. In my case all routings with suppress events and empty parameter fields empty are corrupted (and I used them quite often - but of course not a problem as I followed instructions and saved a backup ;-)). If using at least one value in parameter field everything seems to be as usual.

My 2 cent: for me the method used in the past was logical: empty field meant for me “nothing to suppress / pass through” but could live with the new one if necessary.

regards, humphrey

I already discovered a few bugs which I reported Brad already. Some really simple bindings are not working at my side f.e. I created a binding with a trigger as source and Transport Play as target… it’s not working. With 3527 it does… and also the SysEx features are not working at my side anymore (which were on 3527).

Maybe one of you can doublecheck?

@humphrey I did test the upgrade of the suppress events filter quite a bit and thought I had it all correct. Can you send me a song or rack file that doesn’t upgrade correctly and I’ll sort it out. Ignore that, found the issue, will fix asap.

@FantomXR those issues should all be fixed now in 3259

@humphrey ok this should be fixed now (build 3260) + I’ve changed the logic a little.

Now, when you first add a suppress events filter, it looks like this and doesn’t actually suppress anything (as before).

To suppress all notes, you can either type 0-127 in the text box:

Or, you can say to “allow nothing” (indicated by the empty text box).

It’s a little counter-intuitive but makes sense when you think about it.

I think you’ll find the logic more consistent with the old behaviour now.

Brad

Yep, this seems to be the logic as it was in 3257. I’ll check tonight as soon as I’m home again.

Big thank you, humphrey

Works perfect now! :wink:

1 Like

Just testet with a bunch 40 songs and 36 plugins. Works flawlessly so far. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hmmm. All my instrument racks have 5-6 routes inside, each filtering just down to “Notes only”, CC64, CC01, and a few others, allowing me to easily switch in/out various types of control on a rack state basis. These are done with filters.

Unfortunately in build 3260, it seems that in many cases (not all, strangely), the Allow/Suppress values are the opposite to what I need, which means for example all my CC routes are passing MIDI notes, and I’m getting multiple note ons for each note. Meanwhile the actual route that’s supposed to carry notes is suppressing them all. I discovered this because my pianos started sounding phased, and my synths were running out of polyphony prematurely, due to all the duplicate notes.

This seems to be the case for most of my racks, so it looks like I’m going to have to go through them all and make sure they’re set properly, along with all routes that have filters set in all songs. :confounded:

Please see this important announcement re 3258.

1 Like

Reverted to my backup, installed 3261, and all is fine again with the world :slight_smile:

Cheers Brad!

Neil

2 Likes

Thanks Neil. (Phew!)

Hi Brad,

also from here: congrats! This time I first did more intense testing before replying again but can tell: whatever you’ve done from 3260 to 3261 nailed it. Not only the old racks and songs translated nicely but also all of the odities I observed are gone. Really feels stable now.

Many thanks for fixing this, Volker

1 Like

Thanks @humphrey (Double Phew! :slight_smile: )